What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it amazing how fast things that you used to like can make you feel yucky? I can't even eat Wendy's burgers now, they make my stomach hurt from grease. And if I don't have at least one salad during the day, I don't feel good.

i get that too, pf. we should welcome these helpful signals from our bodies though, right? anything that can dissuade me from going for the heavy, greasy foods, i'm all for it. or, a nudge to remind me it's salad time again.

problem is, those helpful signals aren't always there when i need them. all too often i'm left to my own devices, resulting in the occasional food binge. totally not my fault, those....:angel:

When I went grocery shopping this morning, I bought a bag of broken cashew salted nuts. Tossed them into the mini FP and snacked on them all day with a spoon. With four wisdom teeth trying to break through all at the same time, the last thing I needed was to aggravate my back teeth. :angel:

fruit loops with skim milk, regular coffee w cream & a very thin slice of sour cream coffee cake

Ever since Buckytom shared his pic of London broil topped with 2 eggs, I've been wanting steak and eggs for breakfast. Since I don't eat bread very often, I skipped the toast, but the steak was darned good (and I went with just one poached egg).

Attachments

• steak_egg.jpg
    steak_egg.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 161
Ever since Buckytom shared his pic of London broil topped with 2 eggs, I've been wanting steak and eggs for breakfast. Since I don't eat bread very often, I skipped the toast, but the steak was darned good (and I went with just one poached egg).

That looks wonderful CWS :)

2 days ago was hot dogs; yesterday was a tuna salad sandwich. today is nothing because i have a blood test right after work. :(

2 days ago was hot dogs; yesterday was a tuna salad sandwich. today is nothing because i have a blood test right after work. :(

Then today's is probably the healthiest breakfast you've had in a week.:LOL:

Don't hotdogs make a great breakfast. I love 'em, hot or cold, or left-over. Doesn't matter. It's a weakness.:angel:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I took the leftover "curry one pot" I made last night and topped it with two fried eggs, a Meyer lemon. Kylie, this is why I like having leftovers! And, it took about 5 minutes to make.

Attachments

• breakfast_2013_02_08 063.jpg
    breakfast_2013_02_08 063.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 174
I love the fact that no one in DC thinks cereal or bacon and eggs are the only 'normal' breakfast. It is what every you want it to be. :angel:

I took the leftover "curry one pot" I made last night and topped it with two fried eggs, a Meyer lemon. Kylie, this is why I like having leftovers! And, it took about 5 minutes to make.

Ha, found it :)

You were just telling me about this in another thread...it looks very tasty, you do good on leftovers CWS :)

Back
Top Bottom