What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the fact that no one in DC thinks cereal or bacon and eggs are the only 'normal' breakfast. It is what every you want it to be. :angel:
+1

The food industry (primarily cereal companies since post WWII) has shaped how the North American mind thinks of breakfast. We need to get out of that "box" and think of breakfast as the chance to pack on the energy we need to get through the day by eating sensibly--a portion of protein, greens, and grains, IMO. Think of the British breakfast of tomatoes, eggs, kippers, toast...

Frosted mini wheats with skim milk. May need to re-think my cereal choice, 48 carb.'s per cup of that cereal. Oh yes, cannot forget the coffee with cream & a pop tart.

Poached eggs on buttered toast.

This breakfast is pure comfort food. My grandmother, who just turned 91 would make this for us when we'd spend the night at her house, often accompanied by Sizzlelean. :LOL:

I wish that I had rescued her old egg poacher pan that made the triangle shaped eggs!

A bagel from Panera (asiago cheese) with a fried egg topped with sharp cheddar cheese. OJ to go with it. :yum:

Poached eggs on buttered toast.

This breakfast is pure comfort food. My grandmother, who just turned 91 would make this for us when we'd spend the night at her house, often accompanied by Sizzlelean. :LOL:

I wish that I had rescued her old egg poacher pan that made the triangle shaped eggs!

My Grandpa's poaching pan made round eggs. I've seen the triangular shape inserts though. I have a 4-egg poaching pan from Chef's catalog that makes the same poached eggs I so loved as a kid:chef:.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well, my omelet florentine didn't come out of the pan very nice, but it sure was delicious!! ::yum::

image-3497379495.jpg

I baked the omelet in a stainless steel pan, and filled it with tomatoes and creamed spinach (creamed with half and half, cream cheese, asiago cheese, minced garlic and onion, salt and pepper). I do wish I had one non-stick pan for projects like this... I oiled the pan and warmed it in the oven before I poured the egg mixture in, but it still broke apart. At least it was delicious!

Well, my omelet florentine didn't come out of the pan very nice, but it sure was delicious!! ::yum::

View attachment 17113

I baked the omelet in a stainless steel pan, and filled it with tomatoes and creamed spinach (creamed with half and half, cream cheese, asiago cheese, minced garlic and onion, salt and pepper). I do wish I had one non-stick pan for projects like this... I oiled the pan and warmed it in the oven before I poured the egg mixture in, but it still broke apart. At least it was delicious!

It's a Picasso omelet :cool:

Looks good, flop or not!

Back
Top Bottom