What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figured I'd share what I'm having this morning......a bowl of collard greens with Country ham. Not your normal breakfast food, but it's tasty!!

img_1255247_0_efa95ee7972a4d5027e84357fa712024.png

Oh yum! Who wants normal if you can have that ;)

I figured I'd share what I'm having this morning......a bowl of collard greens with Country ham. Not your normal breakfast food, but it's tasty!!

img_1255249_0_efa95ee7972a4d5027e84357fa712024.png
Larry-the food industry has brainwashed people into thinking that certain foods are breakfast foods (cereal, bacon and eggs, waffles). I haven't had a "normal" breakfast for a long time. Add some chopped up hard boiled egg and it would be closer to normal, but who wants normal?

Larry-the food industry has brainwashed people into thinking that certain foods are breakfast foods (cereal, bacon and eggs, waffles). I haven't had a "normal" breakfast for a long time. Add some chopped up hard boiled egg and it would be closer to normal, but who wants normal?

Hasn't worked on me! I mix up my meals all the time :LOL:
Have meat and veg for breakfast, porridge for dinner etc etc.

Depends on my mood! I love soup for breakfast, my favourite :yum:

Today was spinach, brown rice, fried egg on top, toasted rye crisp. THEN, I had a half-cup of hot water with only 1/8 tsp cayenne, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a short dollop of pancake syrup. Woooo, Mama! That stuff's hot! (duh). Just can't envision me taking in a full tsp. of pepper. Wow, Snip & CWS!

I was picturing a health food cafe serving this drink and having people go "Gah!" "Geez!" "Yikes!" etc. around the room. :LOL:

Today was spinach, brown rice, fried egg on top, toasted rye crisp. THEN, I had a half-cup of hot water with only 1/8 tsp cayenne, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a short dollop of pancake syrup. Woooo, Mama! That stuff's hot! (duh). Just can't envision me taking in a full tsp. of pepper. Wow, Snip & CWS!

I was picturing a health food cafe serving this drink and having people go "Gah!" "Geez!" "Yikes!" etc. around the room. :LOL:
It takes some getting used to--I've made it five times. I do notice that I'm not as tired and that frozen spot in my shoulder isn't bothering me as much as it was.

Think back in history to before there was a food industry - not that long ago. Farm people frequently ate eggs, bacon, bread, rice and other cereals, etc., for breakfast because it was abundant on the farm and because they needed to preserve the harvest. The food industry just reduced the amount of work and time needed to make it, which many people appreciated 70 years ago.

That said, I had leftover lamb gyros with tzatziki and chopped romaine for breakfast today.

img_1255441_0_efa95ee7972a4d5027e84357fa712024.png

When I was in high school (and my Mom did most of the cooking) I'd have for breakfast whatever was left from dinner the night before. Now that I cook I guard my leftovers, hoarding them to use on a night when I don't feel like cooking a full meal or know I won't have time. If that kind of night comes around and there are no leftovers it's breakfast-for-supper time!

lol, snip. i'll neved sing it the same way.

can i ask for the recipe? ham and bean soup sounds good. did you buy a butt or picnic?

Ooo, it is good buckytom! I actually shared the recipe when I was coming around regularly when I first jointed DC. You can click here for the recipe: "Mom's Ham and Bean Soup"

I have used ham ends from the local butcher/smokehouse - the best. Do not use a maple/brown sugar/spiral sliced sweetie. The smokier the better. This time I have a Sugardale smoked ham, butt end. I can buy Sugardale either back home in OH or up here in MA so I guess you could get it there since you're in the middle. At $1.09 a pound you can't beat it!

Last edited:
It takes some getting used to--I've made it five times. I do notice that I'm not as tired and that frozen spot in my shoulder isn't bothering me as much as it was.

It gets even better :) It doesn't burn me at all anymore. It makes me feel so good, like I'm on a chili high!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At least we're going "yikes!" together. Lotsa hot mamas on DC now ;)

yesterday's breakfast was raw cherry tomatoes, roasted laver, corn chips, and easy cheddar cheese (aerosol cheese), and a 50% diet snapple peach iced tea and 50% water.

i guess i was craving salt.

I've just finished my morning cup of Snip's "Put Hair on Your Chest" tea. Waiting for my nose to stop dripping before I making the rest of my breakfast (2 poached eggs on a bed of steamed bok choy, side of wild rice, some fresh pineapple).

I've just finished my morning cup of Snip's "Put Hair on Your Chest" tea. Waiting for my nose to stop dripping before I making the rest of my breakfast (2 poached eggs on a bed of steamed bok choy, side of wild rice, some fresh pineapple).

OTF! :ROFLMAO: I can't drink my cayenne tea without thinking of my DC friends hopping all over the place making silly noises anymore ! :ohmy:
Your sinuses will be cleared in no time flat CW ;)

Back
Top Bottom