What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the scientific evidence is clear that eating cholesterol does not cause high blood cholesterol. It's not that simple.

I heartily agree! I have heart disease and have had several stent procedures and quadruple bypass surgery. Everyone tells me to quit eating eggs. When I limited starchy carbs and started to exercise regularly my blood tests came out excellent, all while continuing eating eggs every morning for breakfast and sometimes for lunch or dinner. I just quit eating the toast with them.

A two-egg omelet with Havarti cheese, fresh garden tomato with basil and cucumber with a drizzle of ranch dressing.

Attachments

• 2013-09-10 11.07.11.jpg
    2013-09-10 11.07.11.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 170
We had potato pancakes with green onions and cilantro with a runny egg on top along with garden tomatoes wedgeds bacon and coffee.
kades

I think the scientific evidence is clear that eating cholesterol does not cause high blood cholesterol. It's not that simple.
I heartily agree! I have heart disease and have had several stent procedures and quadruple bypass surgery. Everyone tells me to quit eating eggs. When I limited starchy carbs and started to exercise regularly my blood tests came out excellent, all while continuing eating eggs every morning for breakfast and sometimes for lunch or dinner. I just quit eating the toast with them.

I think you have to believe the blood analysis tests. If you are passing the test then you must be doing something right; if you fail you need to change your lifestyle.

My (whatever that number is) is less than 200 and the other numbers are compatible. That tells me that whatever I'm doing, I don't need to change my behavior and I don't need to start taking drugs.

Lately I've been alternating BELT sandwiches (bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato) and lox, bagel, cream cheese and onions. I eat at least 2-3 dairy products per day, sometimes 4-5. Lucky me, whatever genes I got I didn't get the ones that make me dairy intolerant or makes dairy products bad for me. Blind luck.

This discussion reminds me that it's time for my yearly look-see at my cholesterol levels (IOW get my blood tested). Just because I was okay doesn't mean I'm still okay. Last test was about a year ago.

Greek yogurt, 1/2 nature valley granola bar, coffee, 1 slice of lite wheat toast w pbj.

I had shredded wheat this morning with my mandatory V-8 juice and coffee. Shrek was moaning about not having pancakes or oatmeal for a while...now I have to decide what to fix in the morning.

I had shredded wheat this morning with my mandatory V-8 juice and coffee. Shrek was moaning about not having pancakes or oatmeal for a while...now I have to decide what to fix in the morning.

May I ask, "why is the V8 mandatory?" Just let Shrek know that you love him and you are only thinking of his health. He will forget all about those pancakes or oatmeal. :angel:

May I ask, "why is the V8 mandatory?" Just let Shrek know that you love him and you are only thinking of his health. He will forget all about those pancakes or oatmeal. :angel:

Because I start every morning with a V-8 instead of orange juice, which makes my blood sugar rocket.

We had oatmeal and it was goooooooood!!!

I think you have to believe the blood analysis tests. If you are passing the test then you must be doing something right; if you fail you need to change your lifestyle.

My (whatever that number is) is less than 200 and the other numbers are compatible. That tells me that whatever I'm doing, I don't need to change my behavior and I don't need to start taking drugs.

Lately I've been alternating BELT sandwiches (bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato) and lox, bagel, cream cheese and onions. I eat at least 2-3 dairy products per day, sometimes 4-5. Lucky me, whatever genes I got I didn't get the ones that make me dairy intolerant or makes dairy products bad for me. Blind luck.

This discussion reminds me that it's time for my yearly look-see at my cholesterol levels (IOW get my blood tested). Just because I was okay doesn't mean I'm still okay. Last test was about a year ago.

I inherited very bad genes. I am on meds, but my lipids were not really good until I limited carbs and added the exercise. I don't know if that would have happened without the meds. You are lucky.

I don't see myself giving up eggs anytime soon. If they ever prove they are the culprit I will start waving goodbye now. Sometimes I do have egg beaters rather than eggs, but most of the time it's regular eggs. I don't care what they say, you can't hard boil egg beaters. LOL

Because I start every morning with a V-8 instead of orange juice, which makes my blood sugar rocket.

(Senior moment!) I knew that. That is why I don't buy orange juice. Because I love it loaded with pulp. And I will drink the whole half gallon in a day or two. That is why I buy an orange every so often. Your system absorbs the sugar much slower and even slower if you have a protein with it. I just try to find other ways to get that Vitamin C. :angel:

I love oatmeal, but I usually have a scrambled egg with it to make sure I have a protein at every meal. Sometimes it's plain yogurt instead of the egg. I can't drink OJ either, but I do eat mandarin oranges sometimes with my breakfast.

I love oatmeal, but I usually have a scrambled egg with it to make sure I have a protein at every meal. Sometimes it's plain yogurt instead of the egg. I can't drink OJ either, but I do eat mandarin oranges sometimes with my breakfast.

I once asked Poo why not OJ but I could eat an orange without the obvious problems. It all comes down to the speed of absorption. Your system immediately takes all the sugar from the OJ and puts it right into your system. The sugar in the orange takes longer to be absorbed. And if you have some protein with the orange, it takes even longer. Lesson learned, I stay away from OJ also. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom