What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately I have gotten out of the habit of eating breakfast. I don't even think of food until around three or four o'clock in the afternoon.

My second husband and I would get up about four in the morning, head down to a local coffee shop that made a great breakfast. Then head back home in time to get the kids up for school. I stopped eating breakfast when the last kids left home.

Maybe I should start making breakfast for both Pirate and myself. Even if it is later in the morning instead of when we first wake up.

You guys might be scared by the noise, but I love it! I peel the wrapper back to expose the seam, line it up just right with the edge of the counter, yell out "thar she blows!" to Himself, and *whack* it until it pops! :LOL: Just one more way I can release tension without whacking Himself. :whistling:

CG, we love Grands Biscuits so much I buy the value bag from the freezer case...
The problem is, you have to start out with room in the freezer for 20 biscuits...

You guys might be scared by the noise, but I love it! I peel the wrapper back to expose the seam, line it up just right with the edge of the counter, yell out "thar she blows!" to Himself, and *whack* it until it pops! :LOL: Just one more way I can release tension without whacking Himself. :whistling:

The problem is, you have to start out with room in the freezer for 20 biscuits...

Since downsizing, freezer space is a problem with an apartment sized fridge.. I, pretty much have it down now, just no more bulk buying...

Ross

Yeah, I have an apartment size freezer. Nothing to show off and brag about. I usually fill mine up with enough meats to last a couple of months. That way I can concentrate of other fridge foods for the next couple of months. May is a "buy meats" months.

The usual Saturday morning repast.....

A loaf of toast.
A pan of biscuits.
A settin of eggs.
A bucket of grits.
A pound of bacon.
A pot of coffee.
A fruit jar of ice water. :yum:

Sunday Brunch

This entire weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I have been participating in our new communities yard sale, TRYING to sell this loveseat that I should have gotten rid of before we moved, but didn't.
SO!
I made a quick breakfast for us so I could get rollin'

001.jpg

This is soul-comforting food for me; heaven in a bowl.
Loco Moco
I had a leftover Hamburger patty from last night's dinner, as well as some Mushroom Brown Gravy.
I heated some leftover steamed white Rice in a bowl, placed the patty on that and then came the gravy, ALL OVER!
Lastly, I set a basted egg over it all.
Aahhhhh!
I'm very happy.
(Oh, DH thinks that this is absolutely gross, so he had Taylor's Pork Roll aka Taylor's Ham, 2 scrambled eggs, Home Fries from the leftover roasted Potatoes from last night's dinner, Rye Toast and diced Tomatoes and he was very happy too ;))

Loco Moco is pretty wonderful.. We have a local diner, owned by a Filipino family, which serves a good one.. :yum:

I have no idea why I haven't done this at home.. Going to have to...

Ross

Loco Moco is pretty wonderful.. We have a local diner, owned by a Filipino family, which serves a good one.. :yum:

I have no idea why I haven't done this at home.. Going to have to...

Ross

Ya know Ross, I can count on one hand how many times I've made Loco Moco at home. When we lived in Hawaii, I didn't have to, you could get it just about anywhere.
Since having moved to the middle of the desert, I've taught myself how to make many, many, MANY local dishes for us to savor a bit of home.
I hoard lots of the ingredients to make certain dishes, mainly because I can only find them while visiting my Mother or our Niece in California.
One in particular is Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage aka Linguica. MMM :yum:
Portuguese Sausage eggs and rice, even McDonald's serves that in Hawaii :LOL:

Ya know Ross, I can count on one hand how many times I've made Loco Moco at home. When we lived in Hawaii, I didn't have to, you could get it just about anywhere.
Since having moved to the middle of the desert, I've taught myself how to make many, many, MANY local dishes for us to savor a bit of home.
I hoard lots of the ingredients to make certain dishes, mainly because I can only find them while visiting my Mother or our Niece in California.
One in particular is Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage aka Linguica. MMM :yum:
Portuguese Sausage eggs and rice, even McDonald's serves that in Hawaii :LOL:

I have posted before of my love for linguisa... I have cooked it for soooo many dishes.. One I didn't mention was linguica and mayo on white bread.. The perfect day after party hangover cure... :LOL: Those days are gone but the sandwich lives on.. ;)

Ross

Today was creamed eggs on toasted English muffins. It's like an egg version of SOS. The creamed eggs were made with last week's hardboiled Easter eggs.

I made some homemade potato salad yesterday and realized after cooking 5 lbs of white potatoes that I had cooked WAY too much lol. So I saved about 1.5 lbs and this morning took them out, diced them up and threw them in a pan with some butter. Diced up some smoked sausage, sweet peppers and onions, threw it all together with some salt and pepper and a little paprika and then served with a fried egg on top. Everyone loved it! It's one of my favorite meals.

Today was creamed eggs on toasted English muffins. It's like an egg version of SOS. The creamed eggs were made with last week's hardboiled Easter eggs.

Lance, I had never heard of this dish before, I'll need to try this when I have something else to serve DH--- he does not do creamy ..."Eewwww, it's creamy, I don't like creamy" ... please insert whiny 10 year little boy's voice here for effect :LOL:

cheryl - that looks super scrumptious, love how the spinach looks in there!

Kgirl - I've never heard of either Loco Moco nor Lance's Creamed Eggs.

Fried Green - yup that just might be on my plate tomorrow - long time since I've had home fries! I love 'em!

here it is - 8 pm and I feel like heading to the kitchen again!

Creamed eggs are easy to make, just shred about a half dozen hard boiled eggs then make a milk and flour slurry and add to the eggs as if you were making a gravy. We do this every year for Easter breakfast but have so many eggs this year had it again today. I add lots of freshly ground black pepper to mine, at the table. Today I used some toasted stale English muffin but usually use toasted white bread. Now I want to do this with sausage or burger. :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom