What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monday's Tex-Mex !Cheese Omelet topped with Chili and Sour Cream... Fried Idaho, Bacon...

Omelet, Tex-Mex.jpg

Since my mother died I have lost my appetite altogether, I've found it difficult to eat much, and I also find it difficult to go and see friends. I haven't been able to post to you all either, but I still follow your threads and hope to re-join you before too long.

I have one slice of toast for breakfast, as anything else would too much, and a small cup of coffee. It does me fine. But I'm following your threads because I miss you.

Lots of love

di reston

Homemade yogurt (unsweetened) topped with homemade strawberry/rhubarb compote.

This A.M.'s Cheese, Pepper & Onion Omelet under a Sweet Chili Sauce, Home Fries and a Sweet sausage Burger...
...and plenty of Spuds left for Dinner !

Omelet, Western, Sausage, Home Fries.jpg

Today was an unusual day for me. I never eat breakfast, but I did today.

Two breakfast sausages, one egg over easy and an English Muffin.

This morning I was just putting the finishing touches on deviled eggs for our dinner. Decided to eat a couple to ensure the quality of my work. That was breakfast.

Nothing. I have a medical appointment at 10 a.m. Have to give blood for testing. And I have a long list to talk to my nurse about.

Zippys Breakfast.jpg

We met an old friend this morning for breakfast,
I ordered a Spam Omelette with Fried Rice and Japanese Hot Green Tea,
ONO (that's Hawaiian for delicious) !! :yum:

Zippys breakfast portuguese sausage and fried rice.jpg

DH ordered a cuppa the Locally grown Coffee, Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Fried Rice ...
Me: Didn't you just have that?
DH: Not with Fried Rice
Me: AND didn't we just eat at Zippy's
DH: Yeah, but it wasn't breakfast
:LOL:

Im not much of a breakfast eater or breakfast food liker ( except bagels and home fries). Im more of a eat leftovers for breakfast kinda guy.
But, being away, and the family wanting to go out for breakfast, I kinda cave . I had a Churro waffle with apple compote and whipped cream on top. I must say it was very good, but I still prefer a nice bowl of pasta.

I'm also an "eat leftovers for breakfast" guy. This morning I had the end of that sambar, which sounds like a crazy thing to eat for breakfast (though hot peppers do wake me up well!), but there is a traditional dish served for breakfast in southern India - Rasam - that has a hot spice mix very similar, though the dish is very liquidy in comparison.

Today would be a good day for a Mexican omelet, of some sort, to start the day!

I opened the fridge. Not a dang thing I really wanted to eat. So I took out the unfinished jar of just plain pasta sauce, (YUK) doctored it up with a pinch of salt, garlic and onion powder. Edible, but not what I really wanted. I still have no idea of what I would like to have.

Back
Top Bottom