What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oatmeal. I've been making it up in the rice cooker on the weekends and putting it in serving size containers with sugar. Just haul it out, micro-zap for 2 minutes, stir and eat. I can't stand the instant so this is the next closest thing!

i'm doing the oatmeal porridge thing again this morning--slow cooking, stir and stir. great with brown butter and grated hard rock brown sugar. oh, whatever will i do when my fine grind oatmeal is all gone? i must find me a supplier....:)

i'm doing the oatmeal porridge thing again this morning--slow cooking, stir and stir. great with brown butter and grated hard rock brown sugar. oh, whatever will i do when my fine grind oatmeal is all gone? i must find me a supplier....:)

Have you tried zapping the old fashioned rolled oats in the food processor and then cooking them ?

Oatmeal. I've been making it up in the rice cooker on the weekends and putting it in serving size containers with sugar. Just haul it out, micro-zap for 2 minutes, stir and eat. I can't stand the instant so this is the next closest thing!

Get out! You can cook oatmeal in a rice cooker?! Can I get some details on that? Sounds genius.

Have you tried zapping the old fashioned rolled oats in the food processor and then cooking them ?

haven't got a food processor.:( i have my hopes on our foods of all nations, a kind of a whole foods gone international. i'm thinking to find something in the english/irish/scotish sections....:)

I wish I could be as healthy as rocklobster. Lately my favourite breakfast is eggs and soldiers!

Get out! You can cook oatmeal in a rice cooker?! Can I get some details on that? Sounds genius.

One cup of regular rolled oats to 4 cups water. Don't use quick or instant oats. Mine has the "fuzzylogic" and turns off when it's done. Looks soupy until you go to stir it, I was sure I ruined my first batch. Steel cut oats work great, as well.

This gives me one cup of oatmeal each morning (I work 4 shifts a week).

Yesterday's Sunday Brunch - Tropical fruit salad (mango, papaya, and pineapple) with creme fraiche, Italian fritatta with eggs (of course), cubed potato, sofrito, Italian sausage, and my personal parmagiano reggiano and asiago cheese blend; toasted Boudin sourdough garlic and cheese bread, mimosas, and coffee

umphh. there's this heavy rock in my stomach. my porridge came out a little too thick today, but it tasted fine so i was eating away, digging for peach and plum "wells" when all of a sudden a trap door slammed, putting an abrupt end to my breakfast--probably lunch, too. i wish there would be some warning before that trap door thing happens. it's like one spoon you're fine, but halfway to the next spoonful, you're carrying a medicine ball in your midsection--umphh....

Oatmeal, I'm terribly exciting. Mostly it's because I don't want to think when I'm stumbling around in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom