What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being that it is Sunday, I'm having the "Chickenkeeper Special."

Homemade breakfast sausage hash (1 grated carrot, 1 grated small beet, 1/2 pattypan squash--sliced, some chopped kale, topped with 1 diced tomato, 1/2 cubenalla (sp) pepper, 1 sm sliced onion). A side of steamed swiss chard and a side of barley with mushroom and tomato powder added during the cooking process. The was topped with 1 poached egg (only one because of the protein in the sausage). The barley was garnished with some grated carrot. Here's a pic of the hash waiting for the other stuff to be ready and what it looked like plated (after I took a bite):
I added the veggies to the homemade breakfast sausage after the sausage was cooked. The sausage turned "pink" thanks to the beet.

We went out for breakfast after mass this morning. I had a benedict skillet with toast.

Been a little tired of "same old, same old" for Sunday breakfast, so I decided to shake things up a bit. Actually, it's rare we have the same breakfast on Sunday, but I was hankerin' for something a little different, so I made scotch eggs. Along with, we had toasted homemade bread with homemade pear honey, then cranberry juice and coffee.

I'm amazed we all don't lose scads of weight just waiting to get the pics of our dishes before we can have a bite...

I had a bowl of Total cereal this morning, and a piece of toast. It was around 430AM, just after I came in from watching the meteor shower. :)

CWS, that looks and sounds great - enough for most of the day for me! :LOL:

Fiona, lol, I hear ya there! I have a rule - I take 3 quick pics if something I make looks appetizing and think I might want to share it. It's about a 70-30 chance of turning out decent or not - I toss way more than I post. :rolleyes::LOL:

CWS, that looks and sounds great - enough for most of the day for me! :LOL:
Me too! I had some kohlrabi (raw), veggie juice (from the veggies--mostly beet and carrot), and steamed beans since that breakfast. And, I'm not hungry nor have I had any cravings.

I like the name I gave that breakfast :).

Today was "gathering day" at the farm. But, because I didn't get there last night, I had to get up early and decided it would be breakfast at the farm. The sweet corn was ready...so today's breakfast was "Corn Grower's Special." 1 ear of sweet corn, 2 fried eggs with fresh grated jalapeno pepper served on stir-fried Swiss Chard and a side of barley left over from "Chickenkeeper's Special" and slices of just-picked-from-the-vine tomato topped with some chopped garlic, basil, S&P. It kept me going all day. I wasn't hungry again until 7:00 p.m.

I am not looking forward to the end of gardening season...what will I eat for breakfast with the eggs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom