What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luvs, so pleased you love Vegemite too...I agree and think it tastes much better than Marmite
thumb.gif

This morning I had toast with Philadelphia Cream Cheese spread, love that stuff :yum:

Luvs, so pleased you love Vegemite too...I agree and think it tastes much better than Marmite
thumb.gif

This morning I had toast with Philadelphia Cream Cheese spread, love that stuff :yum:

great minds think alike.:cool:
yum, i get those individual cream cheeses, then slice a few pcs. of toast to toss into the oven & slather them w/ it.

Cheers Luvs ;)

It was a toss up between the lemon curd tart we made yesterday or some cereal...I am leaning towards the tart :yum:

I have spent the last 10 weeks having homemade egg Mcmuffins for breakfast....long story. But I am on pins and needles till Monday when I can have a nice long leisurely breakfast of a huge bowl of oatmeal, some really great toast and a half pot of decaf. I can't think of a better breakfast.

Sounds like you cant wait for Monday Joe ;)

After 10 weeks I think even I would be tired of egg mcmuffins :LOL:

Sounds like you cant wait for Monday Joe ;)

After 10 weeks I think even I would be tired of egg mcmuffins :LOL:
I'm running out of "grain" ideas for my "load up breakfasts." Today it was grits, tomorrow--probably barley...not sure yet. But I am running out of grain ideas--given that I have eggs and steamed greens every day, the grains are the only thing that varies...quinoa, barley, brown rice, wild rice, grits, cracked wheat, bulghar, oat meal, what else?

I'm running out of "grain" ideas for my "load up breakfasts." Today it was grits, tomorrow--probably barley...not sure yet. But I am running out of grain ideas--given that I have eggs and steamed greens every day, the grains are the only thing that varies...quinoa, barley, brown rice, wild rice, grits, cracked wheat, bulghar, oat meal, what else?

Alton Brown says that popcorn with milk and sugar is the original breakfast cereal. You might try that.

Cooked corn meal, put ot hot into a loaf pan and chill overnight. Next morning, tip out of pan and slice as thick as you like. Fry in the pan with your eggs until browned, you can either put syrup on it or your greens and eggs.

I like to mix cooked breakfast sausage into my hot corn meal then chill.

steel-cut oatmeal. try various granolas/granola bars (after reading labels, as many're very high in fat.)

Fresh Tropical Fruit & Greek Yogurt

Two tiny espressos on Ice and some lovely papaya, mango, pithaya, pineapple and mint leaf with Greek Yogurt.

Have a lovely 4th and
Happy Canada Day Too.

Ciao,
Margi. :yum:

Cooked corn meal, put ot hot into a loaf pan and chill overnight. Next morning, tip out of pan and slice as thick as you like. Fry in the pan with your eggs until browned, you can either put syrup on it or your greens and eggs.

I like to mix cooked breakfast sausage into my hot corn meal then chill.
I've been doing grits instead of cornmeal--but have been eyeing the cornmeal....no meats, but have been thinking "homemade sausage or bacon" lately as a weelemd treat. No syrup--I don't do sugar in the a.m. other than the natural sugar that's in the berries/fruit--although I have a quart of maple syrup in the fridge...and I really don't do sugar anyway.

Last edited:
This morning I had a pear and some 5 year aged cheddar (Black Diamond).

With this cheese it doesn't take much.. :yum:

wow, luvs!!! great to see you, kiddo. i hope all's well.

i'm on my way home from working all night, looking forward to making a favourite breakfast sammich: scrambled eggs tossed with minced shallots and julienned large ring pepperoni on a hard roll. :wacko:

gotta stop at the bakery on the way home for rolls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom