What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fixed the DH and Spike(cockatoo) French Toast and turkey bacon. I was in the mood for tuna and had a small can with a little lemon juice and pepper with a glass of Spicy V-8. DH sometimes shudders at what I eat at times.

I think breakfast will be brunch today. I'll have a banana now and sausage, eggs and hash browns for brunch. Then off to get my grandson after school.

jgdean, i love fish for breakfast. in fact, it's what i had today.
a tin of mackerel filets in olive oil, wasa multi grain crackers, and snapple diet peach iced tea.

Making something from leftover stuff. I had some cooked squash and watercress (leftover from recipes). So made a salad with the squash, chickpeas and watercress - dressing of lemon juice, harissa paste, ketchup and organic cold pressed olive oil. Nice combo eaten with multigrain bread.

This morning DH made me a breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon with a slice of tomato. Then he mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors and ran the sweeper. I think I'll keep him.

I think breakfast will be brunch today. I'll have a banana now and sausage, eggs and hash browns for brunch. Then off to get my grandson after school.

Andy, give that precious little boy a big hug from me. :wub: What a great Grandpa you are.

I suppose I should do like they say. Never shop on an empty stomach. I will probably have a small bowl of beef stew from last night. It is late enough in the day to call it brunch. :angel:

Sunday morning's breakfast was two poached eggs on a bed of steamed kale, a side of savoury oatmeal, fresh squeezed orange juice to finish it off.

Yesterday morning I had two scrambled eggs with a cup of coffee. It has been ages since I ate a breakfast. :angel:

this morning was a lancaster bologna sandwich and diet peach snapple cut with water.

snapple is way to sweet full strength.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of brunch was the bread - artisan sourdough loaf made with potato and rosemary. I find sourdough loaves crisp us a treat!

So I had toast with fried organic egg, organic bacon and baby plum tomatoes. (I rarely have a fried breakfast - it was as a treat).

But how will you know you chose the right lunch if you don't practice with breakfast first. :LOL:

I certainly don't need practice eating! I always choose the right meal. I conduct a survey, analyze the results and make a recommendation to myself. I always follow my recommendation so I know it's going to be good.

leftover kielbasi, kraut, and potatoes on polish rye bread.

and german mustard.

the mustard got on there before i knew it.

oh, and english breakfast tea.

yeah, it doesn't go together all that well. ;)

Last edited:
I have some basil infused oil. I slowly fried some chopped baby plum tomatoes in this and turned it into a tomato omelette eaten with pouillane (sour dough) buttered toast.

Back
Top Bottom