What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so happy that you asked. I usually do a brunch centering on one type of cuisine on Sundays, and today's Mexican brunch will consist of a citrus fruit salad with honey-lime vinaigrette; chorizo, egg and cheese enchiladas with red enchilada sauce; ranch beans; Mexican rice; coffee and mimosas.

Recipes upon request

Last edited:
Lately I've been having vanilla Greek yogurt with a handful of Indulgent Trail Mix (contains white chocolate, milk chocolate and peanut butter chips, raisins, dried cranberries, peanuts, almonds and cashews) with local honey drizzled on top. It could be breakfast or dessert :yum:

Bad breakfast this morning, as in, not the healthiest. But I've been eating very healthy, especially for a holiday weekend with the kids. Today I had an inch thick piece of liverwurst between to slices of whole wheat toast, slathered with Miracle Whip. Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch, or satisfy that craving.

By the way, whatever happened to Mudbug? Just wondering.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Great sounding breakfasts, all. I've been having farm fresh eggs from happy free range chickens from the farmers market this past week, and enjoying every bite. This morning was scrambled with chives, wheat toast, and watermelon.

Chief.....liverwurst is SO one of my guilty pleasures! :yum: I love it on whole wheat toast, too. I only have it a few of times a year, so it's really a treat. I buy a package of Jones brand and vacuum seal it in portions, since it's only me here and liverwurst doesn't last very long. It freezes and thaws beautifully.

Attachments

• liverwurst.png
    liverwurst.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
I made a one step breakfast Quesadilla that turned out really well. Lightly oil a large skillet over med/low heat and lay the flour tortilla in the skillet. Beat up two eggs, and carefully pour over the tortilla being careful not to let the mix flow to the edge. Sprinkle grated cheese over the mixture and wait for the egg mix to set. By the time the tortilla is perfectly brown the eggs will be set. Dot the top with Sriracha, and slide it on to a plate, fold it over and cut in wedges. Easy peasy.

I made my special french toast.

I take a thick slice of hearty semolina bread - about 1 1/2 inches thick. With a sharp serrated knife, cut a pocket in from the bottom, just like you are cutting into a pork chop for stuffing.

Spread a layer of a somewhat tart jam inside the pocket.

Mix up some soft cream cheese with a little confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spoon it into the pocket and spread it around.

Now combine equal parts egg and half & half with a splash of vanilla, pinch of cinnamon and salt. Use about 1 egg for each slice. Soak the filled bread until it can't hold any more.

Cook them in butter over low heat, with a lid on top, until golden brown and the custard is cooked through. These need at least 10 minutes minimum because of the thickness.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.

I haven't made these in a year or two because they're so rich, and I only make one slice for each of us.

I didn't take a new pic this morning, but here's an old pic with the jam on top instead of inside with the cheese.

Attachments

• stuffed french toast.jpg
    stuffed french toast.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 185
Silversage, that looks SO delicious! I made Strawberry/Marionberry freezer jam and had that this morning on super, fresh, Honey Oat toast. Not as good as yours, but still pretty tasty.

French Omelet with homemade breakfast sausage, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, Herbs de Province, salt and pepper, cooked in butter of course. It was just a little more brown than I wanted on the outside, but still delicious.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Holy moly Steve, does that ever look good! :ohmy: :yum:

This morning's breakfast here was a bowl of Total cereal with blueberries, a slice of toasted whole wheat spread with eggplant hummus, a big glass of milk, and coffee.

This morning I had a bowl of Cream Of Wheat. I stopped at the Dollar General store the other morning and brought a box of the cereal up to the register and the clerk said, that will be one cent. I asked why, was it out of date and he said no, that it was being discontinued ( he even had a penny for me ). I have never had that happen before.

This morning I had a bowl of Cream Of Wheat. I stopped at the Dollar General store the other morning and brought a box of the cereal up to the register and the clerk said, that will be one cent. I asked why, was it out of date and he said no, that it was being discontinued ( he even had a penny for me ). I have never had that happen before.

I used to love cream of wheat. It's very high in carbs though, and so it's a very rare treat. Cream of wheat also works great instead of breadcrumbs after dipping food in egg-wash before frying. It gives a light crunch.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Brunch today was pretty darn special, so I had to share.

For dinner last night, we had individual casseroles of delicious Shrimp Scampi and mine was on a bed of cooked spinach. I only ate half of it, and this morning I added two perfectly poached eggs for a gourmet low carb brunch. Oh yeahh..:punk::chef:

I brought back 10, yes TEN Portuguese Sausage from Hawaii this past May. For breakfast this morning I served one up with scrambled eggs, and steamed white rice with Aloha brand Shoyu and Furikake. A very typical breakfast in Hawaii. I plan on taking 2 of them when we go to visit with my Mother, DH is thinking otherwise ... :)

001.JPG

003.JPG

If I were a up-tight, hoity-toity, stuffy CHEF, I'd call this
Deconstructed Fried Rice, HA! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom