What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ermm: ummm... is that expensive for you? Here I would buy 2 cartons and phone my friends to tell them about the special!
Two months ago I was able to buy eggs at Aldi for 45 cents per dozen, U.S. dollars. When I stopped there last week, they were charging $1.49. :ohmy: That actually made the loss-leader at another store look good. That chain was offering two one-dozen cartons of Land-of-Lakes eggs for $5, $4 if you spent $15 or more on the shopping trip. I spend $15 AND had a $1.50 discount coupon if I bought two. $2.50 for two dozen? I made room for them in the fridge!

Kgirl, well then, would you consider me watering the plants? washing the car?

So this morning... again I was called by the fridge

a couple of mushrooms, sliced
slices of zucchini,
chunks of about 5 shrimp
1 diced shallot
sprinkle with Old Bay
big handful of baby spinach
1 beaten egg with a good dollop of heavy cream
slice of buckwheat sourdough bread
I have to learn to take better pics, trouble is too hungry to diddle around, nor do I want it to get cold :LOL:

Attachments

• DSCN5881.jpg
    DSCN5881.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 121
Kgirl, well then, would you consider me watering the plants? washing the car?

So this morning... again I was called by the fridge

a couple of mushrooms, sliced
slices of zucchini,
chunks of about 5 shrimp
1 diced shallot
sprinkle with Old Bay
big handful of baby spinach
1 beaten egg with a good dollop of heavy cream
slice of buckwheat sourdough bread
I have to learn to take better pics, trouble is too hungry to diddle around, nor do I want it to get cold :LOL:

:LOL:

That's a pretty hearty looking morning meal there Dragn!!

Yep, it is still lasting me thru the day Kgirl. 'Course it helps I now have a glass of watered down wine beside me. :rolleyes:

Just now have to wrap up the Won Ton filling I mixed this morning. Probably have some Won Ton Soup for supper later.

This morning I made a fritatta with eggs of course, potato, leftover baby back rib meat, onion, and mozzarella cheese with toasted focaccia bread on the side.

I've had a taste for an omelet that I first had when we were on vacation in LA. Besides eggs, it included strips of bacon, two halves of avocado, and provolone cheese. I prefer crumbling the bacon into the eggs before they hit the pan, and I slice up just half an avocado. I still use plenty of provolone though! :LOL: A slice of rye toast, too. Good stuff.

Attachments

• 20180610_154253.jpg
    20180610_154253.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 101
DH wanted to take me out to Birthday Brunch, but I asked for a rain check.
DSC00342.jpg

I haven't done any really cooking for about a month or more and I really wanted some thick cut Bacon with a basted egg and steamed White Rice, of course with Aloha brand Shoyu and Furikake on it :yum:

Hauoli la hanau to me!!

View attachment 30721

some thick cut Bacon with a basted egg and steamed White Rice,

Hauoli la hanau to me!!

I've never heard the expression "basted" egg other than basted in bacon fat or some other meat's fat. Yours looks poached?

and Hauoli la hanau to you!
(I sure hope that means Happy Birthday in Hawaiian! otherwise I'm a lttle embarrassed!)

I've never heard the expression "basted" egg other than basted in bacon fat or some other meat's fat. Yours looks poached?
and Hauoli la hanau to you!
(I sure hope that means Happy Birthday in Hawaiian! otherwise I'm a lttle embarrassed!)

I learned this technique from one of my chef-y friends.
Once you add your egg to the pan, add a small amount of water and cover to, I suppose for lack of a better word (that I'm sure will come to me later), steam the egg. I prefer my eggs cooked this way, or scrambled. I use very little fat in the pan.

Mahalo (thank you), and yes that does mean Happy Birthday in Hawaiian

I’m generally not a breakfast person, in spite of importance in the daily menu. But I’ve been working shifts that start in the am, so I’ve been needing a little kickstart. I don’t care to cook though, so I’ve been munching on Jimmy Dean’s sausage egg and cheese croissants. I’ve gotta add extra cheese and pepper, though. And sometimes a little garlic mayo.

I know they’re really bad for you, but they are kinda tasty. One of these days, I’ll make up a half dozen of my own and freeze them. Thing is, I like the sausage. Anyone have a recipe for breakfast sausage that comes close to Jimmy Dean’s?

View attachment 30948

View attachment 30949

Peppers and Eggs
I served a nice freshly baked Ciabatta along side
with diced Cantaloupe and juice

(HEH! Doesn't anybody else eat breakfast/brunch?)

Pirate is trying his best to make me eat breakfast everyday. So I tell him, just one scrambled egg. And he always makes it with two eggs. He knows I am trying to make it up to 100 pounds again. And I keep my mouth shut and do eat what is on my plate. I personally think it is harder to gain weight than to lose it.

[B said:
Kaneohegirlinaz[/B]
HEH! Doesn't anybody else eat breakfast/brunch?)

We eat breakfast every day... Usually cereal with fruit or a light pancake or waffle with bacon/sausage breakfast.. I need something to get my day going..

Once or twice a week, its out for breakfast.. Love doing that..

Ross

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom