What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't Gilligan's look good Cheryl?

On our trek around the island of Oahu today,
we just had to stop at Matsumoto's Shave Ice
in Haleiwa!!!

matsumoto's.jpg

on the left is minez one, Rainbow w/Ice Cream and Azuki Beans on the bottom
and DH's on the right, Watermelon, Orange, Lychee w/ only Ice Cream
I waited in line for 20 minutes, while my husband saved a table for us in the courtyard area.
WORTH IT!!
That was lunch ...

Fried Saimin

… continuing with the Hawaii theme …

I really wanted some comfort food today, and I remembered that I had brought back some frozen Yakisoba Noodles from Las Vegas :clap:

I gave the noodles a quick zap in the `micro to defrost,

IMG_4368.jpg

got my mise en place together

IMG_4370.jpg

got my Wok screamin' hot, crisped up the partial can of Spam that I had in the deep freeze too. Added in to the veg component and then set that aside.

IMG_4371.jpg

The Noodles are super quick and then I add back in the goodies and plate!

Grab some chopsticks, `cuz it's time to eat!!
That was most ono or delicious! I'm happy now :flowers:

Love Yakisoba Noodles.. :yum:

My local Asian store has them and I keep them on hand all the time.. Use them for quick snacks or full meals.. :)

I admit to using a fork tho.. :LOL:

Ross

Last edited:

My local Asian store has them and I keep them on hand all the time.. Use them for quick snacks or full meals.. :)

Ross

If I had to depend on chop sticks for eating, I am afraid I would starve to death first. I cannot master using them.

Ross

What do you make with them Ross?

If I had to depend on chop sticks for eating, I am afraid I would starve to death first. I cannot master using them.

:LOL:
You'd learn Addie, Poor Husband did :)

LOL... Don't feel bad.. My son-in-law is third generation Japanese and he uses a fork too.. His mother used to just shake her head.. :ROFLMAO:

Ross

:ROFLMAO: did you mean 3rd generation Japanese-American? ;)

What do you make with them Ross?

:ROFLMAO: did you mean 3rd generation Japanese-American? ;)

Jeannie likes them often and fairly plain so, for a snack I will make a dashi from powder, soften the noodles and simply toss them in a bit of sesame oil for her..

When I got into Japanese cooking through Nami Chen (Just One Cookbook) I'd follow her recipes as closely as possible.. My local Asian Market has the frozen from fresh yakisoba noodles and I buy them there..

As to "Japanese-American", I thought that "3rd generation" made that a given and didn't realize that PC was necessary..

Ross

Jeannie likes them often and fairly plain so, for a snack I will make a dashi from powder, soften the noodles and simply toss them in a bit of sesame oil for her..

When I got into Japanese cooking through Nami Chen (Just One Cookbook) I'd follow her recipes as closely as possible.. My local Asian Market has the frozen from fresh yakisoba noodles and I buy them there..

As to "Japanese-American", I thought that "3rd generation" made that a given and didn't realize that PC was necessary..

Ross
He could have been from another country, his family emigrated to Japan 3 generations ago, met your daughter and moved to the States.

I make Danish from Crescent rolls often. I moosh two sections together so I have four almost-squares, plop some cream cheese sweetened with just a touch of sugar (and a splash of lemon juice, sometime) in the middle, pile it up with fresh berries or cherries, and bake in the toaster oven for about 10-12 minutes. Himself really likes them, too.

I make Danish from Crescent rolls often. I moosh two sections together so I have four almost-squares, plop some cream cheese sweetened with just a touch of sugar (and a splash of lemon juice, sometime) in the middle, pile it up with fresh berries or cherries, and bake in the toaster oven for about 10-12 minutes. Himself really likes them, too.
I know DH would love it. Thanks [emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom