What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really enjoy good liver pâté. There are some really good ones available here, so I could have it when I don't have the spoons to make it. But, DH likes it too and he has gout. I don't want to tempt him. Organ meats are one of the triggers for gout.

Today I enjoyed a tuna salad sandwich with candied bacon, jalopy pepper slices, and Swiss cheese on healthy multi-grain bread (is there unhealthy multi-grain bread?). This sandwich was accompanied by home made potato chips and a Pepsi Zero Sugar.

Mom's Lunch

IMG_1020.jpg

Mom did not finish her Baked Potato from linner (late lunch/early dinner)
out after Bingo a few days ago, so we brought it home for later.

I was poking around the `fridge for lunch today, spied her mostly
just Potato Jacket :idea:
I shredded some sharp Cheddar, sliced up a Green Onion,
popped the skins with still alot of meat to it into a hot oven
for about 5 minutes to heat/crisp it a bit.
Topped with Bacon Bits, dried Chives and the Cheese over
it all. Popped it back into the oven for oh, not quite 10 minutes,
added "a dallop of Daisy" and those Green Onion slices.

Mom was very happy, she said that I "make the best-est
Loaded Potato Skins, better than TGI Fridays even." :ohmy:

I'll take that :chef: thank you very much

Home-cured Spanish chorizo (an air-dried sausage) with bits of white cheddar. Grainy crackers. Peperoncini. A glass of primitivo red. Savoury and spicy!

Leftover pepperoni, thick crust pizza, doctored with a slice or two of deli pastrami, and topped with sliced Provolone, nuced for 45 seconds. It was tasty, and already had slice black olives on it. It came out soft, and perfect temp.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I could have sworn I posted this earlier. I guess not? Today, I made Asian Chicken Noodle soup for lunch. It is easy and very tasty. DH gave big thanks. It has ginger and he loves ginger.

IMG_5734 (2).jpg

I could have sworn I posted this earlier. I guess not? Today, I made Asian Chicken Noodle soup for lunch. It is easy and very tasty. DH gave big thanks. It has ginger and he loves ginger.

View attachment 49663

Ooh, me too!
Take a gander at this recipe, maybe he'd like this

https://www.hawaiianelectric.com/recipes/find-a-recipe/cold-ginger-chicken

Cold-Ginger-Chicken.jpg
Photo courtesy of @jordannnceee on Instagram

This is how it's served back home from a food truck or plate lunch joint, 1 scoop Rice & 1 scoop Mac Salad, it's ONO!! (that's Hawaiian for delicious)

IMG_1044.jpg

Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice with fresh Mushroom Stoup.
I made this in the Instant Pot®
Very tasty.
I reserved half the pot to be served non-creamy,
for my DH who does not care for anything creamy :yuk:
"Eeeeewwwww-ah! What's that?" (please insert a whiny 10 year's voice here)
Moi: Not for you, obviously :glare: Yours is over there, with no cream in it, taste it!
DH: MMMM! That's really good
Moi: Thank you, I know
:LOL:

Quite rich, I thought, I could only finish half of my bowlful,
but not Mom! She's chowin' pretty good these days :rolleyes:

View attachment 49826

Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice with fresh Mushroom Stoup.
I made this in the Instant Pot®
Very tasty.
I reserved half the pot to be served non-creamy,
for my DH who does not care for anything creamy :yuk:
"Eeeeewwwww-ah! What's that?" (please insert a whiny 10 year's voice here)
Moi: Not for you, obviously :glare: Yours is over there, with no cream in it, taste it!
DH: MMMM! That's really good
Moi: Thank you, I know
:LOL:

Quite rich, I thought, I could only finish half of my bowlful,
but not Mom! She's chowin' pretty good these days :rolleyes:

Looks good. Recipe please?

I made Pea Soup Andersen's "Danish Creamy Spit Pea Soup" for lunch today. This is not their most popular, "Original Pea Soup" recipe. This one has some ham and not carrots. I like it better than the other one. I used a little less chicken broth this time, as it seemed a tad thin last time. This time, I think maybe I should have included all the broth...oh, well! It was yummy, and I put a dollop of sour cream and a dollop of creamy horseradish on the top of mine.

IMG_5804 (2).jpg

Had pulled it out of the freezer last night for supper tonight. Didn't make it to supper. Had it for lunch [emoji2957]
Sausage stuffed poblano pepper with Mushroom and Wild rice. 20211114_121739.jpg

Making Super Bird Sandwiches for lunch (Denny's copycat, sort of sandwich)...turkey, bacon, tomato, swiss cheese on sour dough, grill to a golden perfection & enjoy! I'll probably throw some sub sauce on the tomatoes too, mayo on one side & ketchup on the other side. Better than going to Denny's!

Back
Top Bottom