What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thai Seafood Curry

img_1199053_0_cc149d386a4d418b6ecd4195181c3526.jpg

We had Steve's chili lime sweet potatoes, cube steak with salsa and a green salad with a taco flavored dressing.

chicken tenders (3oz)
Spanish style black beans & rice
& mixed veggies
(all potluck ) :eek:)

I had a wedge of watermelon & a banana. It's looking like frozen pizza for supper.

Addie said:
Every vet I have ever known has their Army issue can opener on their key ring. Smal and ingenious. :angel:

I am a veteran if that is what you mean, but I don't carry around my keychain can opener. LOL

A few weeks ago I stopped into a small deli in town on a whim. I was on my way back from an appointment and bought a small Italian cold cut sub for lunch. It was the perfect sandwich. Lots of places make Italian subs and a lot of them are good. But there is a special combination of flavors that makes it special. This place makes it special.

So now, every Friday on my way home from PT, I stop for a sub at this deli and I'm beside myself while I savor every bite.

A few weeks ago I stopped into a small deli in town on a whim. I was on my way back from an appointment and bought a small Italian cold cut sub for lunch. It was the perfect sandwich. Lots of places make Italian subs and a lot of them are good. But there is a special combination of flavors that makes it special. This place makes it special.

So now, every Friday on my way home from PT, I stop for a sub at this deli and I'm beside myself while I savor every bite.

i live for those 'perfect life sandwiches' such as you found coming home from pt one day, andy....:)

I had a late breakfast so will probably skip lunch & have an early supper. I'm thinking to stop & pick up some veggies for a good chicken stir fry: Fresh asparagus, bean sprouts, yellow peppers, red onion, snow peas & chicken. Anyone have a good idea for a low-calorie sauce to put on it?

I had a late breakfast so will probably skip lunch & have an early supper. I'm thinking to stop & pick up some veggies for a good chicken stir fry: Fresh asparagus, bean sprouts, yellow peppers, red onion, snow peas & chicken. Anyone have a good idea for a low-calorie sauce to put on it?

Low cal stir fry sauce

1/4 cup of oyster sauce, 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth, 2 tsps honey, 1 tbsp of low sodium soy
Use regular soy and broth if you're not watching salt intake.

Low cal sweet and sour sauce

2 tbsps low sodium soy, 2 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks in natural juice, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tsps sweetener and 2 tsps of cornflour (cornstarch) to thicken. Mix and cook for a few mins with stir fry.

:yum: sounds good. Thanks! I love the sweet & sour but don't think the rest would like it very well. I will pick it up with the fresh veggies today. :)

Low cal stir fry sauce

1/4 cup of oyster sauce, 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth, 2 tsps honey, 1 tbsp of low sodium soy
Use regular soy and broth if you're not watching salt intake.

Low cal sweet and sour sauce

2 tbsps low sodium soy, 2 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks in natural juice, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tsps sweetener and 2 tsps of cornflour (cornstarch) to thicken. Mix and cook for a few mins with stir fry.

Back
Top Bottom