What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I amde thre package of Ramen noodles. I ate half of it. Couldn't finish it. But I did try. At least I ate something today. :angel:

I did another version of black bean-wild rice-smoked turkey soup. This time I did the 4-S thing--sweet, spicy, sour, salty. I took the turkey stock from Monday, added wild rice, chick peas, black beans, a bit of liquid smoke, carrots, onions, garlic, celery, bok choy, mushrooms, chopped turkey, and now for the sour--some chopped gherkins, black olives, green olives, red wine vinegar, splash of hot sauce, a bit of maple syrup, and some fish sauce. Must say, it was different--somewhat addictive. Reminded me of Hot-Sour soup without the bean sprouts.

I did another version of black bean-wild rice-smoked turkey soup. This time I did the 4-S thing--sweet, spicy, sour, salty. I took the turkey stock from Monday, added wild rice, chick peas, black beans, a bit of liquid smoke, carrots, onions, garlic, celery, bok choy, mushrooms, chopped turkey, and now for the sour--some chopped gherkins, black olives, green olives, red wine vinegar, splash of hot sauce, a bit of maple syrup, and some fish sauce. Must say, it was different--somewhat addictive. Reminded me of Hot-Sour soup without the bean sprouts.

Yummy! Oh, I love bean sprouts, bet it would be good with your soup!

Yummy! Oh, I love bean sprouts, bet it would be good with your soup!
I did add some capers, more hot sauce, and dill pickle juice after the first bowl. I could see making this with tofu and bean sprouts...definitely not my grandma's turkey soup! Oh--I forgot, I also put in about 1-1/2 tsp anchovy paste when the soup was simmering.

Last edited:
That sounds like a wonderfully comforting soup on a cold day like today. Yumm!

We went to subway for lunch & had a 6" sweet tereyaki chicken sub. with 1/2 small bag of harvest cheddar sun chips.

That sounds like a wonderfully comforting soup on a cold day like today. Yumm!

We went to subway for lunch & had a 6" sweet tereyaki chicken sub. with 1/2 small bag of harvest cheddar sun chips.
The inclusion of the olives, gherkins, and capers was inspired by the thread about the German (Russian) soup with sour cream. I would never have thought of adding those to soup! They worked. That's what I like about DC, it makes me stretch my palate.

(The amount of liquid smoke added is just a couple of drops--not a lot.)

Today we were in the city seeing a movie and went to a bistro for lunch

I had a black angus sirloin steak sandwich with salad and chips and Steve had their signature beef burger, gee it was huge, that came with chips too...it was all very tasty :)

2 slices of light, wheat bread with 1/2 slice of swiss cheese & 1 oz. of 90% fat free ham & honey mustard. A side romaine salad with roma tomatoes & dorothy lynch dressing, a 4 oz. cup of spanish rice & 5 kettle chips with a 20 oz. water.

Great job, SB!

I had 1/2 cup of spiral pasta and clam marinara sauce and a glass of skim milk. I avoided all the goodies in the lounge, but finally secumbed to a one inch diamond of baklava. Dang, it was good!

Last edited:
1/2 cup of spiral pasta and clam marinara sauce and a glass of skim milk. I avoided all the goodies in the lounge, but finally secumbed to a one inch diamond of baklava. Dang, it was good!
It is so hard to resist all those Christmas goodies:yum::yum: It's taking all my willpower to hold out until Christmas eve to finally eat one of those russian teacakes.

A cup of lentil soup with 1.5 ounces of ham. Water, water, water. Then I messed up the whole day by eating a serving of Dark Chocolate Orange and a hot chocolate. Had to do it, somebody bought the chocolate orange...

A cup of lentil soup with 1.5 ounces of ham. Water, water, water. Then I messed up the whole day by eating a serving of Dark Chocolate Orange and a hot chocolate. Had to do it, somebody bought the chocolate orange...
Dark chocolate is good for you & so are oranges. So, it only stands to reason to put that chocolate orange out of it's misery.;)

Yes, we have a square of dark chocolate after dinner, it is better for your health than milk chocolate, but all in moderation though ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom