What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a version of avgolemono, andy? momgolemono?

or something different, armenian style?

i had 2 nathan's hot dogs on nice soft buns that i steamed over the boiling dogs while they cooked, and a side of utz brand no salt added potato chips.

a version of avgolemono, andy? or something different, armenian style?...

Pretty much the same soup. Mom always make her own stock and just put pasta or rice in it along with the egg and lemon. Never any chicken or other meat. There is a wide range of acceptable egg and lemon content. I can't eat it with the amount of lemon my older daughter puts in it.

For a quick soup, I boil a can of chicken broth (plus a little extra water and a dab of chicken base to boost the flavor) and add some pasta. When the pasta is cooked I use the hot soup to temper a whisked egg and lemon juice. Done.

SO likes it without the lemon.

We had a sort of brunch for lunch today. I made a breakfast/brunch casserole from leftover sour dough bread cubed, chopped crisp bacon, sautéd onion and bell peppers, and cheese,hash browns on the bottom bread, veggies and bacon mixed with eggs half and half, cheese, salt and pepper poured on top of hash browns and baked for an hour. Pretty yummy, but I would rather have sausage in it than the bacon ;)

Mmmmm this looks delicious I wish my husband ate cheese!!

Jack links fat free beef steak/jerky & a bag of special k cheddar cracker chips. Suprisingly really filled me up! 240 calories & 11 grams of protein.

Egg and lemon soup like my Mom's.

Just to let all you guys know. There is a special feeling that sons give off when they make happy comments about Mom's cooking. We expect our duaghters to learn how to cook those special foods. But when our sons make happy comments about a special dish, it does warm the cockles of the heart. :angel:

Kylie, I have a question for you. I know, this is the lunch thread, but I need to ask this.

The crocodile hunter Steve, (the one that died) has a strange accent. He doesn't sound like any other Aussie I have ever heard talk. He almost sounds like a Cockney from England. Is his accent regional to some part of Australia? Even his father has the same accent. :angel:

Ads, it is like different parts of the US, people have different accents :)

Steve Irwin was from the outback so his accent was a very "ocker" country type accent

A lot of us Aussies (including myself) sound quite different to that accent, more refined I guess you could say :)

Pretty much the same soup. Mom always make her own stock and just put pasta or rice in it along with the egg and lemon. Never any chicken or other meat. There is a wide range of acceptable egg and lemon content. I can't eat it with the amount of lemon my older daughter puts in it.

For a quick soup, I boil a can of chicken broth (plus a little extra water and a dab of chicken base to boost the flavor) and add some pasta. When the pasta is cooked I use the hot soup to temper a whisked egg and lemon juice. Done.

SO likes it without the lemon.
How can one eat it w/o lemon? This is my "go to" soup when I'm sick. I also don't add meat to it. I probably go a little heavy on the lemon...and, if I'm in a rush, I use orzo instead of rice.

Steve Irwin was from the outback so his accent was a very "ocker" country type accent

A lot of us Aussies (including myself) sound quite different to that accent, more refined I guess you could say :)

i love aussie accents, especially with women. it's a little sing song-y, up and down, almost like asking a question.

getting back to lunch, i had eggdrop soup to which i added strips of roasted laver (seaweed) to make it a little heartier, and a bag of fritos on the side.

and a can o' diet coke.

Thank you Kylie. I knew it had to be regional or he was from some other Commonwealth country. We have a section also that is really difficult to understand. Deep in the hills of West Virginia some of the folks there sound like they almost come from another country. It is a combination of a Scottish/Irish and southern accent. I love the sound of it though. My second husband came from that part of the country. You really had to listen hard sometimes to understand him. :angel:

i love aussie accents, especially with women. it's a little sing song-y, up and down, almost like asking a question.

getting back to lunch, i had eggdrop soup to which i added strips of roasted laver (seaweed) to make it a little heartier, and a bag of fritos on the side.

and a can o' diet coke.

When my kids were small and would get sick, I would take some chicken broth, add the juice of one lemon and some pastina. Sometimes I would add a beaten egg so it would cook shirred. A favorite and a quick lunch on a busy or lazy day. No meat. Easy to swallow with a sore throat. :angel:

Sweet onion chicken tereyaki 6" sub with a 1/2 bag of harvest cheddar chips & a bottle of water.

I had left over chilli from yesterday, but I gave it some flare by sauteing some sweet peppers, chile peppers, and bacon

A big salad with mixed lettuce, frozen peas, cottage cheese, apple pieces, sunflower seeds and ham. I am now sick of ham after having it 4 days in a row. I truly did not think that would be possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom