What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had to work until noon today and then had to be back in by 8, so i stopped at a street cart on 11th and 55th street for lunch. when i worked day shifts, i was a semi-regular customer of the cart run by a really nice guy named sharif.

sharif makes the best griddled chicken using a secret family recipe for the chicken rub. i tried for years to get him to give me a few hints on the recipe, but no luck. he said his mom back in lebanon would beat him if she knew he gave it out.

for $5, you get a good helping of chopped chicken thighs, onion, and peppers on top of yellow rice and a little salad, all topped with hot sauce and some kind of tsatsiki type of white sauce. :yum:

Not much of an appetite for lunch today. I had a few sugar free werther original coffee/caramel candies throughout the day.

Went to lunch with a close dear friend. We both had Calamari Livornese plus a cup of soup. Me chowder she had minestroni, we shared a dessert of marsala egg custard loaded with fresh strawberries,blueberries,blackberries topped with unsweetened whipped cream. Now I'm so full I think I'll POP:LOL:
kades

Went to lunch with a close dear friend. We both had Calamari Livornese plus a cup of soup. Me chowder she had minestroni, we shared a dessert of marsala egg custard loaded with fresh strawberries,blueberries,blackberries topped with unsweetened whipped cream. Now I'm so full I think I'll POP:LOL:
kades
Sounds like a very fun afternoon. That's the stuff good memories are made of!:yum::)

Split an A&W grilled chicken sammy, along with a sample of their new chipotle sauce. I kinda liked the sauce, DH thought it was somewhat tartar-sauceish.

Last edited:
a confection, fiona- a cookie. have seen them in a few stores here, with the imported foods.

a confection, fiona- a cookie. have seen them in a few stores here, with the imported foods.

Luvs, I think she means they made a brief appearance at Chez Ogre, and now they're gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom