"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
Sous Chef
 
chefkathleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida!
Posts: 697
beef with some kind of homemade noodles.
__________________

__________________
chefkathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,545
linguini and lentils
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
linguini and lentils
Dinner:

Linguini and lentils

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
Master Chef
 
Vanilla Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,133
I'm making a cabbage casserole with a side of meatballs. They are tossed in a mushroom gravy with green onion.... carrots and peas for the vegies.... not surprising.
__________________
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
Head Chef
 
powerplantop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,157
I never would have thought about that but lentils are so meaty like I bet that would be good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Dinner:

Linguini and lentils

__________________
My YouTube cooking channel
powerplantop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplantop View Post
I never would have thought about that but lentils are so meaty like I bet that would be good...
thank you!! i used the left over lentil soup from last night. i put the lentil soup, tomato sauce, beef broth and red wine in a pan and brought to boil. once boiling i added the linguini and stirred well. cooked till pasta was tender.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 5,806
Last night I whipped up a big pot of "Summer Minestrone" soup, nearly all of the ingredients coming from our local farmers market.

Extra-virgin olive oil, garlic (of course!), carrots, celery, Italian plum tomatoes, green beans, yellow bell pepper, leeks, ruby Swiss chard, zucchini, yellow summer squash, kernels from 2 ears of bicolor sweet corn, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh basil, a can of cannellini beans, homemade chicken stock, salt, pepper, about a 1/3 of a cup of homemade leftover basil pesto, and a piece of Parmesian-Reggiano rind.

Made for a delicious meal with some crusty garlic bread, & I have enough leftover for lunch today & freezing to enjoy another day.
__________________
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #18
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
Last night I whipped up a big pot of "Summer Minestrone" soup, nearly all of the ingredients coming from our local farmers market.

Extra-virgin olive oil, garlic (of course!), carrots, celery, Italian plum tomatoes, green beans, yellow bell pepper, leeks, ruby Swiss chard, zucchini, yellow summer squash, kernels from 2 ears of bicolor sweet corn, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh basil, a can of cannellini beans, homemade chicken stock, salt, pepper, about a 1/3 of a cup of homemade leftover basil pesto, and a piece of Parmesian-Reggiano rind.

Made for a delicious meal with some crusty garlic bread, & I have enough leftover for lunch today & freezing to enjoy another day.
that sounds fantastic!!
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #19
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 5,806
Thanks!

I have a terrible habit of buying some of everything that looks great at the farmers market - & then end up racing like mad to use it all before it goes bad or the next farmers market day arrives - lol!!! Soups are always a great "go to" for what's hanging around.
__________________
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
Thanks!

I have a terrible habit of buying some of everything that looks great at the farmers market - & then end up racing like mad to use it all before it goes bad or the next farmers market day arrives - lol!!! Soups are always a great "go to" for what's hanging around.
my mom grew veggies and herbs and bought them at the farm market. when she had a little of this and a little of that left she made chambautta (i have no clue how to spell it in italian LOL) its an italian veggie stew.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.