"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #31
Head Chef

Ok the amended menu was grilled chicken, grilled pineapple, steamed potatoes carrots and green beans, biscuits, and A Cheesecake named Desire cake from Cold Stone. Today was a good day!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Sharon, how the heck do you do that on a small houseboat? I wanna' come too!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:21 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

we took a ride down the shore to point pleasant today, so we stopped at spikes fish store and restaurant and had an early dinner before hitting the beach and boardwalk.

we had softshell crab sammiches, lobster bisque and lobster rolls. the softshells were good, the bisque really good, but the lobster rolls sucked. too much bay seasoning so you couldn't taste any lobster, and i'm pretty sure there was a good 30% imitation crab meat in the mix. or they just used very stringy lobster.

and now i'm hungry again, so i'm debating my options. midnight in nyc on a friday still has some good options. sushi, chinese, greek diner, burgers, pizza, hmmm. i dunno what i want.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #34
Executive Chef

We had a buckytom recomendation for dinner tonight.
I stuffed some chicken breasts with pesto, goat cheese, spinach & mushrooms. I browned them in a skillet and since I had more than enough mushrooms, I tossed them in some lemon juice and threw them in the skillet before I finished the chicks in the oven. We had rice with it, and boy was my dinner good tonight. Thanks Tom! Dessert was trying to make my double choc torte but I bailed out on it after Callum refused to go to sleep quickly. Now I'm having tea & chocolate.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #35
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I wound up using the ground beef for hamburger steaks, we had hashbrowns with them & for dessert, chocolate peanut butter pie.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #36
Sous Chef

It wouldn't have been too hard, but unexptected company showed up to interrupt our romantic dinner. Schwanns 3 cheese enchiladas and a big green salad! T
Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #37
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
chocolate peanut butter pie.
Would you just happen to have a recipe for that please? I make a Frozen Peanut Butter Pie that I like, but that sounds good too....
Old 08-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #38
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcotton
Would you just happen to have a recipe for that please? I make a Frozen Peanut Butter Pie that I like, but that sounds good too....
Have you posted that somewhere? Hmmmmmm. Have ya? Have ya? See Sharon beg and whine for Frozen Peanut Butter Pie!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #39
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
Have you posted that somewhere? Hmmmmmm. Have ya? Have ya? See Sharon beg and whine for Frozen Peanut Butter Pie!!!!!!!!!
Crewsk's Peanut Butter Pie recipe.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:59 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
We had a buckytom recomendation for dinner tonight.
I stuffed some chicken breasts with pesto, goat cheese, spinach & mushrooms. I browned them in a skillet and since I had more than enough mushrooms, I tossed them in some lemon juice and threw them in the skillet before I finished the chicks in the oven. We had rice with it, and boy was my dinner good tonight. Thanks Tom! Dessert was trying to make my double choc torte but I bailed out on it after Callum refused to go to sleep quickly. Now I'm having tea & chocolate.
can i come next time?? it sounds deelish cora.

whenever i take in a lot of spinach from the garden, everything gets stuffed from pork chops, to chicken, to veal breasts; usually mixed with some combo of cheese, mushrooms, nuts, seafood, or even dried fruits.

do you like meaty rollups, like pork brasciole. another type of stuffed food. i'm gonna make it this week, will post a recipe if you're interested.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote