Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curry pizza. Used Trader Joe's Tikka Masala sauce but made the crust, curry chicken. The broccoli and zucchini were tossed in a butter sauce with garlic ginger cumin and garam masala before cooking on the pizza. PXL_20230829_180959759.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I made a supper salad. The salad part had Boston lettuce, green crisp lettuce, rainbow chard, napa cabbage, red onion, and carrot. The other stuff to be added, that was on the table: shredded chicken breast, brie slices, roasted sunflower seeds, capers, and ranchoid dressing. This time the ranchoid was equal parts mayo and sour cream, a bunch of garlic powder, some minced shallot, a couple of splashes of Worcestershire sauce, some red wine vinegar, and a bit of EVOO [Extra Virgin Olive Oil], a bit of salt, and some dried dill.

I really need to start using my new phone. The old one pretended to take three pictures. Then it conked out and got itself into a reboot, reboot, reboot, ... cycle. When I checked it later, it only had one of those three pix. It's the salad part of that meal. The hubster said it was very pretty, with all the different colours and textures.

2023-08-29 salad that went with chicken, brie, etc.jpg

Finally got bacon today. No bacon = no salad for hub, so of course I follow suit. Baked two pounds of it in the oven and put it in ziplocks except for what we are going to use in our dinner salads. I went out and cut lettuce from the garden and washed it, chillin in the frig. We eat late so I will put it together in a bit. Pics later?

Menu planning went like this: What do we have? We have green beans from the garden, microwaved potatoes diced, and mushrooms. We'll have that. We heated that up on plates and served it with a no oil italian dressing. It was good.

Finally got bacon today. No bacon = no salad for hub, so of course I follow suit. Baked two pounds of it in the oven and put it in ziplocks except for what we are going to use in our dinner salads. I went out and cut lettuce from the garden and washed it, chillin in the frig. We eat late so I will put it together in a bit. Pics later?
Fresh lettuces (romaine and artisanal) and roma tomatoes from the garden, radish, feta cheese, chicken breast, dried cranberries, pistachios and bacon. My favorite salad.
20230829_234520.jpg

Spaghetti with Ragu a la Bolognaise 🫠

IMG_0282.jpeg

Cook’ Notes:

I had “fresh” pasta dough in the freezer, because I always make too much. But once I thawed it, I just wasn’t happy with the texture. I made new fresh pasta instead

MrJade loved the ragu, I used pork, beef, Italian sausage and some nduja.
Added some olive brine and my standard San Marzano’s.

Last edited:
I had “fresh” pasta dough in the freezer, because I always make too much. But once I thawed it, I just wasn’t happy with the texture.

Was it rolled out already or just the dough? I've found that double wrapping, then bagging a flattened disk of dough works well, but not shaping/rolling, then freezing. I let the disk defrost in refrigerator, then let it sit out to warm up a little before shaping.

Last edited:
Me too! It's part of a 5-piece pasta bowl set I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond years ago but the company (Certified International) that makes them still has them. They can also be ordered through Wayfair and even Home Depot (weirdly) from what I saw online.
[/URL]
View attachment 65769
I'll have to look again but I think they carry those, or a very similar pattern, at Publix, a grocery store chain in the U.S. South. I remember glancing at them and thinking how pretty, but we don't really need more dishes.

I'll have to look again but I think they carry those, or a very similar pattern, at Publix, a grocery store chain in the U.S. South. I remember glancing at them and thinking how pretty, but we don't really need more dishes.
They're pretty but also durable. I remember Publix. I shopped there when I lived in NW Florida. Our stores didn't have a big nonfood section though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom