What's for Dinner - Monday, June 11, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before exam, I ate stir-fried rice with kimchi. because I ate too much..... In exam time.. I feel sleepy T.T :)

I decided I"m going to make breezycooking's sloppy joes. but, I have to use hamburger instead of ground turkey. I got too much meat in the house that I have to use.

To go along with that I'm making BBQ Mikey's Northern Cole slaw.

I just posted in another place that I didn't know yet what was for dinner tonight - I do now. Tacos! My daughter just asked if we could have that for dinner, I said sure!! :)

putting up shades and other "house projects" tonight, so dinner will be burgers and tossed salad. something that can be done quick and easy, without a mess. :)

No cooking here tonight. Buck and I have to attend a 50th anniversary Lions Club dinner. Locally catered, which usually means barbecue of some sort with all the fixins. In other words, same old, same old.

Almost makes me miss the old Amway days with the banquets of "mystery" meat meals.:LOL:

I'm simmering ground turkey with onioin, garlic, cumin, paprika, s & p, then adding tomato paste and small diced potatoes. That will go into red peppers, cut lengthwise and then into the oven. Green salad on the side.

Today was our 24th anniversary. We celebrated with a huge sushi lunch. Then we picked up a good loaf of French bread, visited a friend in the hospital, and came home to rest up. The plan is a light dinner of bread, pate, cheese and other condiments on the (new, expensive) front porch.

I'm keeping it fairly simple tonight. I'm gonna split some ciabatta bread, fill it with some chicken, grill roasted tomatoes, asiago and rucola. Then I'm gonna fire roast some peppers and add those as well. Then toss the whole thing in the panini press, heat it up, lather in Miracle Whip and some fresh ground mustard and side it with some spinach mixed with cheddar.

I thawed out a package of legs and thighs, but haven't decided what to do with them yet. Cacciatore perhaps, or Pollo Romano? Only thyme will tell.

legend_018 said:
I decided I"m going to make breezycooking's sloppy joes

Sloppy Joe's were WONDERFUL. THe cole slaw was awesome too.
A lot of left over sloppy joe's - there is only 2 of us. but, at least I have some lunch tomorrow "lol".

Tonight I think I will make stuffed green peppers - so simple, yet so tasty!

Pork chops, yellow rice, fresh green beans, tomatoes from our mini-garden and for dessert watermelon. I feel quite healthy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom