What's for Dinner, Saturday, November 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I'm not sure if anyone had dinner last night. :ermm: lol

I made Mark a beef patty and mashed potatoes, both topped with homemade beef gravy... had corn and roll-n-butter on the side. I didn't have supper, because I had a big lunch.

Tonight I'm making a meatball soup with beef broth, water, stewed tomatoes, homemade meatballs (in the oven now)vegies, pasta (macaroni or small penne) and parmesan cheese. I'm going to make the pasta separately, because I might have to freeze some leftovers... it will be ladled over the pasta in mugs. With that, rolls or crackers.

What are you having for your Saturday supper?

Not sure, but I think maybe meatball subs and salad. It is just Dad and I. DH is taking burgers for his work dinner.

I am going to try out a recipe for Penne with sausage and pumpkin. Sounds a little strange, but what the heck.

I'm makeing turkey and dummplings. Sence i have all this left over meat laying in the frig. I will pile that onto mashtaters. :D with a sode of corn and bread and butter to sop up the juices! :D

Not sure, but I think maybe meatball subs and salad. It is just Dad and I. DH is taking burgers for his work dinner.

Totally forgot I am going to a potluck today. It is an International dinner and you are supposed to take something from your heritage. I drew dessert and since I am second/third generation Canadian heritage is English, Irish, French and American and I am married to a Canadian born to Polish/German parents, I was a little stumped. But I ended up killing two birds with one stone and am taking butter tarts (I am making a bunch for orders and for my own holiday baking).

I do know that my best friend is bringing my favourite fried rice dish she makes all the time and another friend is bringing sauerbraten so I am a happy camper!

Totinos pizza. We had leftovers from T'giving for lunch, decorated the house for Christmas while son and his wife are still here. They are going out with friends around suppertime, so just doing some easy frozen pizza. and yep, totinos is our favorite!!!! (If I wanted a "real" pizza, I'd make my own)

Big family dinner tonight because my mother is having surgery. So I did some spice rubbed duck breasts with a ginger chili glaze, asian sprout salad and jasmine rice. My mom I had to cook for seperately because I wanted her to have her favorite, marinated chicken breast with mango and pineapple fruit salsa.

left over thanksgiving from granddaughter's thanksgiving. got it thur. so three nights, she sent a lot . plus i am not an eater of large amounts of food at one time. some of you are tired of turkey but i have had flu for a week and it was a big treat and help to me.

left over thanksgiving from granddaughter's thanksgiving. got it thur. so three nights, she sent a lot . plus i am not an eater of large amounts of food at one time. some of you are tired of turkey but i have had flu for a week and it was a big treat and help to me.
Aww, I hope you feel better, babe!

This was our meatball soup.

img_863770_0_e85a7d6f77a34ee899fe7a402be66b16.jpg

Totally forgot I am going to a potluck today. It is an International dinner and you are supposed to take something from your heritage. I drew dessert and since I am second/third generation Canadian heritage is English, Irish, French and American and I am married to a Canadian born to Polish/German parents, I was a little stumped. But I ended up killing two birds with one stone and am taking butter tarts (I am making a bunch for orders and for my own holiday baking).

I do know that my best friend is bringing my favourite fried rice dish she makes all the time and another friend is bringing sauerbraten so I am a happy camper!
Wow, that would be a fun thing to attend. If I was going, I would bring either something English or Swedish. From what I know of my heritage, I think I'm more English.

Just thinking about all the interesting, delicious food that was at that potluck is making me hungry!

Back
Top Bottom