What's for Dinner Tuesday March 10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I plan on making pork chops in a mustard sauce, baked sweet potatoes and green beans with bacon, garlic and almonds.

What are your plans?

I plan on making pork chops in a mustard sauce, baked sweet potatoes and green beans with bacon, garlic and almonds.

What are your plans?
My husband would think he had died and gone to heaven if I fixed a meal like that! Poor guy, I have familial high cholesterol, so our diet has changed quite a bit although a little bacon now and then can't hurt...

But I'm blowing the diet with some animal protein and dairy: we are having smoked salmon whole wheat farfalle in a lemon cream (small amount of non-fat cream cheese mixed with non-fat sour cream and veggie stock) sauce with green peas, shallots, white wine, etc. I have no idea what my cholesterol is at this point (go back for retest in 2 months) but I have lost 10 lbs and am back to my high school weight. At my age of 56, I amazed I can even remember what my high school weight was! Woo Hoo! Of course, that's been lots of Zumba, cycling, step, and weight lifting, too.:innocent:

We had a Japanese themed dinner. Since It's lent and I have given up all meat except fish, I find that I end up cooking two dinners whenever we have beef or chicken, so tonight I made salmon and tuna sushi, prawn and veggie tempura and some miso soup. It went down well. :chef:.

Dinner tonight was leftover roast pork. I think it was better this time around!;)

img_801467_0_422c5cda900ac818aec0791c0dcb11b7.jpg

I make a sausage ragout (with more of my homemade pork sausage) and served it over noodles with salad. My Dad is liking living here. He told me he didn't have much of an appetite before he came but I think he just likes someone else's cooking.

Back
Top Bottom