What's for dinner? Wednesday, 1-20-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pirate made himself a pile of chicken cutlets for supper and sandwiches tomorrow. I had the Hush Puppies he made. A family favorite. I am and never will be a fan of chicken breast. Or any white meat for that matter. :angel:

I'm getting stuff ready to make braised short ribs in the Instant Pot, with mashed potatoes and green beans on the side.

I guess the mashed potatoes are underneath :LOL:

Attachments

• 1453345378823.jpg
    1453345378823.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 127
creative, your brother is very lucky to have such a skillful sister as you - and, apparently, loving, too. Hope he enjoyed his foods.

Nice looking dinners, Cheryl and GG. Aunt Bea, I bet your pork chop looked at least as good as the one on Allrecipes.

There are a LOT of us having chicken tonight. Sure hope CWS's "girls" never read this thread - they'll be horrified! :ohmy:

I filled the oven with dishes and pans. Two pans of chicken breasts: one was tonight's supper, seasoned with Herbs de Provence and baked with shallots and mushrooms, the other just oiled, S&P'd so that I have some pre-cooked breasts in the freezer. The rest of tonight's supper was roasted carrots, beets, and Grand's Biscuits. With my supply of leftovers, I think the cook will be off the next two nights.

Attachments

• 2016-01-20 20.03.30.jpg
    2016-01-20 20.03.30.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 130
Made a corned beef in the crock pot with carrots and a vidalia onion in beef stock and red wine with roasted onion soup potatoes.

Wow....such delicious looking and sounding dinners this evening!
Great looking pics, GG and CG.

HolyCanoli, I need to get a corned beef...I've been craving a Reuben sandwich on rye with all the fixin's. :yum:

Last edited:
Have not been feeling good for the past few days. But I had a piece of lamb in the freezer that I defrosted overnight, seasoned in the morning and left it in the fridge for the day. Then roasted in the oven. Came out perfect. Did not have energy or imagination for the side dish. So I threw some Jasmine rise in the rice cooker. 20 minutes latter we had dinner. Yum. I love lamb and have not had it for a while. It's not easy to come by in MN.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom