"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
I think I'll make some scalloped ham and potatoes. A big enough batch that we can eat it for a few days.
Sounds yummy! How about keeping some for me, pdswife?

Old 01-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
DH is still out of town so I'm thinking I might take Sofie to the mall food court for dinner. There's actually a really good Chinese place in it so I'll get some good food and a bit of a break and she'll have lots of entertainment for awhile.
You sound like such a mom PA! I hope you get the break you deserve! Take a magazine a flip through the pages while Sofie eats in her highchair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
I think I'll make some scalloped ham and potatoes. A big enough batch that we can eat it for a few days.
Yum. That's one of my favorites. I make a big batch in the hopes it'll last a few days, but it's usually gone in about 24 hours.

I don't know what is on the menu for dinner. Leftovers? I hadn't planned on making anything. I have a class tonight, that hopefully I'll make it to. dh worked last night and got all of 3 hours of sleep and I think Callum has croup, so I'm a little wary of leaving all my boys.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Chicken breast cubed with sweet peppers and onion chunks and cashew nuts stir fried with ginger, chili, garlic and Soy sauce.
and fries on the side.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I'm thinking about making some Beef Bourginon. I'll have to discuss it with PeppA first, as it's something kind of "odd" for her and the older boys. They may all turn their noses up at it. Since I've got the beef already thawing out, I may go with beef stew or something similar.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK
I'm thinking about making some Beef Bourginon. I'll have to discuss it with PeppA first, as it's something kind of "odd" for her and the older boys. They may all turn their noses up at it. Since I've got the beef already thawing out, I may go with beef stew or something similar.
By any means, go with the Bourgignon!!! Just tell them it is a special kind of beef stew, and they will realize how delicious it is!!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I need help finding something from yesterday about best way to store cheese - where did that discussion go? I'm new and don't know how to navigate this site very well. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #17
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara
I need help finding something from yesterday about best way to store cheese - where did that discussion go? I'm new and don't know how to navigate this site very well. Thanks.
I think its here, in the parmesan cheese thread

Parmesan cheese

I am making chicken tortilla soup for dinner tonight and corn bread. Maybe chocolate chip cookies, I am CRAVING something with chocolate in it.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Thanks so much.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara
Barbara, the thread you are looking for is here. To find a particular thread, go to the Discuss Cooking forums, choose the type of heading, in this case, Cheese, Eggs, Dairy etc., and search the various threads. The thread you are looking for is Parmesan Cheese.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Just a pot of noodles tonight and pepsi max. I want something more substantial for dessert. Any ideas? Im not up for cooking tonight, so preferably something quick lol