What's on the menu Saturday 2/20/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's on the menu Saturday 2/20/2015?

I have a massive jonesin' for my burger, kraut, rice, and tomato soup hotdish. Sadly, I love it, but DH does not.

Think I'll make it anyway. Life is too short.

I was going to smoke ribs and chicken today, but the bottom fell out my smoker........... So I went into town and picked a new one. I have it put together and am curing it now. I'll probably try the chicken on it later or go out tonight...........:yum:

I have a massive jonesin' for my burger, kraut, rice, and tomato soup hotdish. Sadly, I love it, but DH does not.

Think I'll make it anyway. Life is too short.

Is this the recipe for your dinner tonight DL?

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/moms-beefy-sauerkraut-hotdish-93474.html

If so, Ding ding hot diggity ding. Saved from major grocery shopping this afternoon. I even have canned sauerkraut not sure why it's taking up shelf space. There is no sense shopping on Saturday when I can go any other day! I may have to doctor up or doctor down some jarred spaghetti sauce, no soup. I was half thinking I should buy some chicken without any clear idea what to make with it With your recipe, all I have to practically do is set the table. Thanks.

Last edited:
Man I feel lousy. Have had a migraine for several days, not much sleep. I feel nauseous and have had all shades down because light is making it worse.

I started dinner and hope my DD helps with the rest. I'll try to get pics.

Our youngest daughter took us out to lunch and we're both not hungry. Probably munch on something later on.

We're tag-teaming dinner :LOL: I'm thawing meatballs I froze a couple weeks ago and DH is making pasta sauce and starting the spaghetti noodles. I'll go back in there in a bit and make salads and Fox Point toast.

I got ambitious last night and made a big pot of chili, some of which I froze, and some of which I am having tonight for dinner.

img_1456346_0_7e4d125939955e85ac5ac1607fbbdab3.jpg

I made some nachos and rice/beans. Wife sat there nibbling at it and then after 30 minutes pronounced she was done and that she didn't have enough chips in it. I guess the meat/cheese to chips ratio was not to her liking. She never once told me to get her more chips. lol. She prefers to say nothing and then say she's done so she can complain. :)

That's one scrumptious looking bowl of chili Steve!
Great comfort food. Glad to see you getting your cooking mojo back since you're so good at it!

I'm doing a stir fry, and sliced fried pork belly will adorn the top. I love that TJ's has cooked pork belly all ready for slicing and frying. I wouldn't mind cooking a pork belly myself, but can't find one and the store butcher looked at the SC like he was crazy. Grrr.

Last edited:
We had the last of an aging pot roast; just in time for the pot roast I plan to make tomorrow for DH's lunch box.:wacko: Did I mention DH is back to work?:w00t2:. He had shoulder surgery on 11/11 and has had a great recovery.

Also had the proverbial cole slaw with the roast.

Finished up the country-style pork ribs leftover from last night. Just as good, maybe better, than last night. As sides we had braised red cabbage with bacon and a big bowl of "freezer" corn. The corn is cut off the cob and water, salt and sugar are added to it before freezing. It's soooo good. I had seconds on the cabbage and both of us were full to the top.

We're tag-teaming dinner :LOL: I'm thawing meatballs I froze a couple weeks ago and DH is making pasta sauce and starting the spaghetti noodles. I'll go back in there in a bit and make salads and Fox Point toast.

What is fox point toast?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom