"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
try making your steak a little more than medium but not quite well.
that's what i do. depending on the cut of beef i guess because sometimes it's very tender and juicy, others times it's kind of tough.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I would eat vanilla bean ice cream
for every meal if I could get away with
it.!

Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #33
Certified Executive Chef

When it comes to food, I am very fickle. I could never pinpoint one food as being my favorite. Unlike a lot of folks, I live to eat not the other way around.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #34
Executive Chef

I live to eat Donuts.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #35
Master Chef

I'm with Allen. No way could I decide a favorite food. There's just too much out there that is good. My current "favorite" tends to be what I cannot get where I live at any given point in time. Right now I simply cannot get Japanese and Indian foods unless I make them at home. We did just have a sushi party, but not as fun as sitting at a sushi bar. And I make my own variations on Indian quite often, but it is so much more fun to find a truly good Indian buffet or go to an Indian restaurant with a half dozen freinds so you can order a dozen dishes (seriously, do you think I'm cooking that variety for the two of us? And my freinds around here wouldn't eat it).

I find steak so much better at a restaurant than at home, because they can buy a better grade of beef that most of us can, even if we have a good butcher. I'm afraid I cannot imagine a delicious well-done steak, so you've lost me there. I'd just say you need more fat (marbelling) as the only way well done will be juicy. Of course, I'm the one who likes her beef ... well, raw!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:31 AM   #36
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I can't decide either. I keep passing this thread & thinking I could write a book on my favorites. But to name a few....pasta in any way, shape, or form, seafood(& I include freshwater fish here), steaks(I like a nice medium rare prime rib but any juicy tender steak as long as it's med-rare is fine too). I'm not too picky & will try anything at least once. I always ask my kids "How do you know you don't like it if you haven't even tried it?" I just wish that would work for hubby too. He's not nearly as advertrous as I am. He had never even been to a Mexican resturant until he met me!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #37
Master Chef

i thought of my all time favorite. oysters on the half w/lemon and salt washed down w/ some cold beer.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I can't decide either. I keep passing this thread & thinking I could write a book on my favorites.
Yeah, me too. Hence, no list. It would be too complicated. Depends so much on the time of year, who's eating with me (groaning with pleasure is rather embarassing if you're the only one doing it), what I'm in the mood for, yada yada.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #39
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
i thought of my all time favorite. oysters on the half w/lemon and salt washed down w/ some cold beer.
We need to go out sometime
Old 03-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
We need to go out sometime
Those are good! It's been years since I've had any.
Time to go to the oyester bar again. :D