Your favorite TV Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many of his clips are available on YouTube.

I always enjoyed his Christmas specials as Freddie the Freeloader.

Check the late night listings on the Retro TV channels...they still play the shows. Set your DVR! ;) I have many fond memories of watching the show with Dad...and Dad did NOT like TV. But, he enjoyed Red.

Some of my dad's favourites too - Red. We also watched Ed Sullivan faithfully. Twenty Questions. Tennessee Ernie Ford. What's My Line.

"See the USA in Your Chevrolet" a dragonette will bring a biscuit tin to the first person who answers correctly - with the caveat - from actually having watched the original show!

These were all live shows when you think about it. What an era!

Back in the day when we only had a few channels I watched Dr. Kildare, Rawhide, Bonanza, The Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, westerns were popular. The Rat patrol, Hogans Hero's, Combat, McHale's Navy, Mash of course lol.

Some of my dad's favourites too - Red. We also watched Ed Sullivan faithfully. Twenty Questions. Tennessee Ernie Ford. What's My Line.

"See the USA in Your Chevrolet" a dragonette will bring a biscuit tin to the first person who answers correctly - with the caveat - from actually having watched the original show!

These were all live shows when you think about it. What an era!
Your mention of "live shows" reminded me of one - Carol Burnett. And a live show my Mom and I would watch, that others I weren't crazy about - Hee Haw. And a couple shows that were on major networks for a few years, surprisingly, at least for this area, since they were country music stars - Glenn Campbell, and Johnny Cash. It wasn't until many years later, in the late 80s, that I started getting shows from other artists on the Nashville Network, on cable.

Your mention of "live shows" reminded me of one - Carol Burnett. And a live show my Mom and I would watch, that others I weren't crazy about - Hee Haw. And a couple shows that were on major networks for a few years, surprisingly, at least for this area, since they were country music stars - Glenn Campbell, and Johnny Cash. It wasn't until many years later, in the late 80s, that I started getting shows from other artists on the Nashville Network, on cable.

My maternal grandparents NEVER missed an episode of The Lawrence Welk Show. I hated it, but when I was staying with them, I had to watch it.

Oh dear me, The Lawrence Welk Show was horrible. There was one episode that was very entertaining while high. It was a rendition of "High Hopes", the song about the ants and the rubber tree plant they want to move. There were women dressed in silver "space outfits" with deely boppers. They were riding some sort of hybrid scooter-golf cart thing. It was sufficiently bizarre to have us literally rolling on the floor in fits of giggles. I'm pretty sure it was a rerun, late at night, when the stations put all sorts of stuff on to fill time.

I don't watch TV. Haven't watched it in literal decades. We have a TV in our living room, however it's for show. It's permanently unplugged.

I don't understand how anybody who has access to the internet would still want to watch TV.

I don't watch TV. Haven't watched it in literal decades. We have a TV in our living room, however it's for show. It's permanently unplugged.

I don't understand how anybody who has access to the internet would still want to watch TV.
When I had a TV, I used to do a lot of crocheting while watching TV. I also used that time to do some mending. Now, on the computer, I might listen and do something else on the computer at the same time. I can always switch tabs if I think I needed to see something and I can "rewind" to where that bit started. I find I don't get nearly as much handwork done without TV.

When I had a TV, I used to do a lot of crocheting while watching TV. I also used that time to do some mending. Now, on the computer, I might listen and do something else on the computer at the same time. I can always switch tabs if I think I needed to see something and I can "rewind" to where that bit started. I find I don't get nearly as much handwork done without TV.
I also like to have music in the background when using the computer. I usually use youtube.

In the days of appointment television, on three stations, my parents and grandparents made us suffer through all of the musical variety shows.

But....what about Hee-Haw!?! Or the Sonny and Cher Show?????
Anything James Garner! First Monday, Rockford Files, Maverick, Nichols...if he's in it, it is probably Great!
:in_love: Truth.

Maybe you could start a thread about all the things to do with your computer? We might learn and leave our TV behind...
Now, Ginny. You know this is a family forum. ;)

Anything James Garner! First Monday, Rockford Files, Maverick, Nichols...if he's in it, it is probably Great!

I remember in college my roommate and I taking my brown 79 Pontiac to a big open parking lot on campus to figure out how to do the famous Jim Rockford J-Turn. A campus cop saw us from a long distance. He came and pulled me over, and when he approached my open window, he just asked something like, "Practicing your Jim Rockford turns?"

He said he was watching from "way over there," and saw the headlights dancing around, and after watching for a while, he knew what we were doing.

He let us go, with a laugh, no ticket. :D

CD

Last edited:
I watch something every night. and yes, often it is a movie ON my computer but only because my TV and casting device sometimes argue.

But I love the no brainer activity, thank you - I think all day and just want to veg out and not think. That includes not even wanting to play solitaire or a game.
Only thing I want my brain to have to make a decision about is when to get up and head for the potty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom