New Potatoe Salad W/Herbs & Green Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Another favorite from Kitchen of Light (Chef Andreas Viestad). This is great for a picnic as there is no mayo to spoil.

NEW POTATOE SALAD W/HERBS AND GREEN BEANS, serves 4

2-1/2 lbs small new potaotes
fine sea salt
2/3 lb green beans
Large handful of chopped mixed fresh herbs such as mint, thyme, parsley, and/or basil.
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tbs capers, drained
1 Tbs grated lemon zest
1/2 cup EVOO
3-4 Tbs fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper
edible flowers for garnish, optional

Place the potatoes in a sauce pan and add 1 tbs salt and enough water to cover generously. Bring to a boil adn cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but still firm in the center.

Meanwhile cook the beans in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain. Add beans to the warm potatoes and add the herbs, garlic, capers, and lemon zest. Combine the oil and lemon juice in a measuring cup adn pour over the potatoe salad and toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for a few hours at room temperature so that the herbs whill have time to flavor the potatoes. SPrinkle with edible flowers, if desired, just before serving.

Will do - I'll probably have to go out of town to find baby Yukons but I will find them!!! Thanks for the tip!

kitchenelf said:
Will do - I'll probably have to go out of town to find baby Yukons but I will find them!!! Thanks for the tip!

I find them at Trader Joe's, I forget if you have one near you. I bought some today.

lyndalou said:
I have bought the baby yukon golds at our local Walmart Supercenter.

Our walmart is expanding to be a supercenter, so hopefully they will have them here for the winter. I can get them from end of March to end of December at our Saturday Market and Farmers Market, hard to find from Dec to Mar.

mudbug said:
The Safeway and Giant stores here nearly always have baby Yukons and baby reds.

We do not have a Giant, but we do a Safeway but I do not shop there very much, but will have to call to see if ours has them. Thanks, mudbug.

Back
Top Bottom