TNT Lemon Pistachio Chicken Over Spinach Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
This is very tasty! Hope you enjoy! :chef:
Lemon Pistachio Chicken Over Spinach Salad
Serves 4
3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
4 tablespoons pistachios, toasted
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon honey
Cooking spray
6 cups gourmet baby spinach
Various salad toppings (tomatoes, cukes, avocado, etc)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
Lemon wedges (optional)

Combine cornflakes, pistachios, rind, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Place crumb mixture in a shallow dish. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten to ¼-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush the chicken with honey. Dredge the chicken in crumb mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken, and sauté 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into ½-inch strips; set aside.
Place salad greens in a large bowl with salad toppings. Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, juice, and oil, and drizzle over salad greens, tossing gently to coat.
Divide the salad greens and chicken evenly among 4 plates. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.

Another creative masterpiece from Cora!!:chef:
Do you dilute the honey in any way to brush onto the chicken, or is there a trick to it? I am just thinking off hand but considering how thick and sticky honey is, I am not sure if I can manage to brush 4 chicken breast pieces evenly with 1 tablespoon of honey...:ohmy:

urmaniac13 said:
Another creative masterpiece from Cora!!:chef:
Do you dilute the honey in any way to brush onto the chicken, or is there a trick to it? I am just thinking off hand but considering how thick and sticky honey is, I am not sure if I can manage to brush 4 chicken breast pieces evenly with 1 tablespoon of honey...:ohmy:
I've never had a problem with it. It might be easier to just spread the honey around with the back of a spoon or heating the honey up would be a great idea.

corazon90 said:
I've never had a problem with it. It might be easier to just spread the honey around with the back of a spoon or heating the honey up would be a great idea.

Ah, heating the honey!! like spreading the butter... why didn't I think of that!! Thanks for the tip Cora!!:)

Back
Top Bottom