What's the best way to make this creamy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I thought tonight for dinner I would make a cold chicken salad with pasta and creamy cesar dressing. I have a cesar dressing that I really like, but I'm not sure the best way to make it creamy. Do you just add a touch of heavy cream to it?

Here is the recipe I use
1 clove garlic
2 pinches anchovy 1/2"
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
touch mustard
6 serving spoons oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 raw egg

Blend together

abjcooking said:
I thought tonight for dinner I would make a cold chicken salad with pasta and creamy Caesar dressing. I have a Caesar dressing that I really like, but I'm not sure the best way to make it creamy. Do you just add a touch of heavy cream to it?

Here is the recipe I use
1 clove garlic
2 pinches anchovy 1/2"
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
touch mustard
6 serving spoons oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 raw egg

Blend together

Hopefully the touch of mustard is Dijon - if you put all of these ingredients in a blender for about 20 seconds then add some fresh grated Parmesan cheese and blend again it will be "creamy" without adding the calories of mayo or sour cream.

The egg will become creamy when mixed with the other ingredients and blended as that is what mayo is made out of. The Parmesan cheese will be an extra bonus to the creaminess. If, however, you don't like that idea though, I would add a touch of mayo - you might need to up the other ingredients just a tad to flavor the mayo.

Put everything but the oil into a blender and whip it up. While the blender is running, drizzle the oil into the blender slowly. The blender will whip it into a creamy dressing by emulsifying the oil and the other ingredients so they won't separate.

Hi,

Just a thought...I'm a big fan of basing cream dressings (and sauces) on creme fraiche. I like to use a wide balloon whisk to incorporate the main body of the recipe and the "cf" together, in a roomy sized bowl. It would alter the taste of cesar a bit though :wacko:

OK, here is what happened and I not sure quite why, but I eventually got it.

I don't have a cuisenart. I only have the miniture size one where you stick the hand blender into the top. I blended all of the ingredients until they came together and then I added the oil and blended as I went. By the time it was done I was able to turn the thing upside down and nothing even dripped out.

So I then decided to hand mix the whole thing instead of using the blender and it all came out perfect. Then I added some parmesan cheese at the end. I guess it was the hand mixing that made the difference and I guess the egg ended up giving it the creaminess I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom