White Bean and Tuna Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Here is my lunch. From start to finish in about 10 minutes.

1can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
1 can of Chunk Tuna.
2 green onions chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 red pepper
1 stalk celery chopped
1 Tblsp capers
tsp, minced lemon zest
Jarred olives(12, or so)
Parsley, fresh chopped
Herbs of choice
1/4 olive oil
2 tblsp red wine vinegar.
Salt'n'peppa

Mix it all up and you should get a couple of servings or enough for about 4 sides. I top with a bit of shaved parmesan cheese. Keeps a couple of days in the fridge....

Attachments

• DSC00459.jpg
    DSC00459.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Here is my lunch. From start to finish in about 10 minutes.

1can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
1 can of Chunk Tuna.
2 green onions chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 red pepper
1 stalk celery chopped
1 Tblsp capers
tsp, minced lemon zest
Jarred olives(12, or so)
Parsley, fresh chopped
Herbs of choice
1/4 olive oil
2 tblsp red wine vinegar.
Salt'n'peppa

Mix it all up and you should get a couple of servings or enough for about 4 sides. I top with a bit of shaved parmesan cheese. Keeps a couple of days in the fridge....

I make something similar to this, and use the celery leaves also - try it some time - they're delicious! I also add tomatoes, and sometimes green peas or corn.

I do mine the same but add a splash or two of white balsamic to the mix. I use imported oil packed tuna or smoked trout in evoo. wonderful on a hot day with crackers or toasted baguette and a nice cold drink of some sort.
kades

I made this tonight and it was quite good. I used navy beans, because I didn't have any white kidney beans. I used 8 black olives rather than 12 jarred olives, again, because that's what I have. And I sliced them - DH doesn't like olives, but does enjoy them as an ingredient in limited quantities. It has serious potential. I have made some notes with the recipe of some changes I want to try. BTW, lemon balm as one of the herbs was excellent.

I've been meaning to make something like this for a while now. I'm also planning to add some pickled red onions to it. DH likes to have a bite to eat in the afternoons when he gets home since school lunchtime is around 10:30 or 11 a.m. Thanks for popping it up.

RL hit on s good thing when he posted this recipe. So many possibilities to make it your own. The last time I made this, I coarse chopped a jar of artichokes and used the jarred olive oil too.

Back
Top Bottom