Anniversary Bash! July 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds wonderful! I'm going to try it. Thanks, I'll try and take a picture BEFORE I start sampling.

Thanks Hoot. Steve, you should come join us, 15's worthy of note! Happy Anniversary to you. Dawgluver and chopper, bring the boys and come on up and we'll do a joint anniversary party. The more the merrier. I'll toss a pork shoulder in the smoker and that should cover the extra bodies nicely.

:LOL: Now THAT would be a blast! Once they perfect teleportation, we're there!

Lots of summer anniversaring going on on DC!

Party? I'm there! Canada? Um...sorry, no passport. Maybe I can swim laps with PF...

A very happy 20th anniversary to you and your DH Alix. 20 is, like, forEVER nowadays! Long-term, even. Probably gonna be a life sentence. ;) (Himself and I passed 38 last November, so it CAN be done if he's put up with me all these years.)

Lots of good foods, they all sound yummy. BUT, if you want something a little different and no-mayo I heartily recommend powerplantop's No Mayo Potato Salad. It scored a Two Yums Up in our house tonight.

We had a nifty trick for our block parties for keeping cold foods cool during the day. Get a small, molded children's pool and fill it with bagged ice, then nestle the bowls of salads into the ice. Not too deep so the water doesn't seep in - maybe use your deepest bowls.

Above all, enjoy your party and your guests. Have a great day.

Thanks CG. The kiddie pool is going to be home to ice and lots of drinks. All the pop/beer/coolers will go in there. I'll try the potato salad another time, it sounds really good. This time we're doing mashed potatoes by special request. I'm not a huge potato fan so one potato dish is all I'm willing to do!

The baking has begun. I prepped a rhubarb pie and froze it yesterday. Today will be blueberry crisp for the freezer. I'll likely do a couple more things for the freezer today too. We're being lazy today and doing a lot of not much until dinner.

:flowers::flowers:Alix,
I made your dads cole slaw
yesterday. It was awesome I didn't
have a lemon ,but I had limes and it
was perfect. Thanks for taking the time
to post it, I know you are busy.

Happy Anniversary

Josie

You're welcome Josie! Its a family favorite here. A must have at all family functions.

Back
Top Bottom