Bakechef's Getting Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations and best wishes to you and your partner! Live, love and live every day with joy.

Suitcases are out, laundry is being done.

Checked in and boarding passes and all confirmations printed.

Trip to Penzy's to get my niece some stuff.

Things are getting real....

So exciting! Are you guys having a bachelor's party?

Last edited:
So exciting! Are you guys having a bachelor's party?

There currently isn't one planned, well that we know of. I'm not sure where we would fit it in!

Some local friends had mentioned it, but with my work schedule it would have been hard to plan.

Suitcases are out, laundry is being done.

Checked in and boarding passes and all confirmations printed.

Trip to Penzy's to get my niece some stuff.

Things are getting real....

All I can say is, "Wow!" I am getting so excited for the both of you. The last time I felt like this was in 2007 when my youngest got married. :angel:

Besides clothes, my suitcase has vanilla extract, vanilla beans, cocoa powder, and spatulas. These are the things that didn't make it up with the rest of the cake supplies. :LOL:

:LOL: With all that vanilla and cocoa powder, you will smell really good! Watch out for the spice sniffing TSA beagles!

The last time I flew to Georgia, my bag got searched. I had a special cake pan in there along with my offset spatula and a few other metal pieces. Boy did they show up on the screen. :angel:

The last time I flew to Georgia, my bag got searched. I had a special cake pan in there along with my offset spatula and a few other metal pieces. Boy did they show up on the screen. :angel:
I bring my stove top mocha/espresso maker. They get a good giggle about that and bring friends over to look when they see it on the X-ray of hand luggage. :LOL:

Well we're here!

Stopped in Freeport to exchange some worn out shoes at LL bean, got sucked into the Lindt outlet store and bought 5 pounds of truffles to use as wedding favors, weren't going to do wedding favors but Rob got excited about all of the pretty colored wrappers!

The little over 2 hour drive north went very quickly, which was great. One strange thing, I could use the high beams! I can't remember the last time I was able to use high beams, maybe the last time I was in Maine!

Well we're here!

Stopped in Freeport to exchange some worn out shoes at LL bean, got sucked into the Lindt outlet store and bought 5 pounds of truffles to use as wedding favors, weren't going to do wedding favors but Rob got excited about all of the pretty colored wrappers!

The little over 2 hour drive north went very quickly, which was great. One strange thing, I could use the high beams! I can't remember the last time I was able to use high beams, maybe the last time I was in Maine!

I get excited about Lindt truffles too! High beams, meh, not so much. Have fun, and thanks for checking in!

Well we're here!

If there are any leftover Lindts, stop by here and drop them off. Glad you were able to use your high beams. Wouldn't want you running into any lovesick moose. :angel:

Well we're here!

If I was in a car for two hours with five pounds of Lindt truffles all you would have left is pretty colored wrappers! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Yesterday made 15 individual cake layers and today making 6 batches of swiss meringue buttercream along with whipped white chocolate ganache and also whipped chocolate ganache.

Met the nicest lady at the cake supply store, she's the owner and has the best prices on stuff that I needed! Cakes by Jan in Bangor, wish that I had her in my town!

Yesterday made 15 individual cake layers and today making 6 batches of swiss meringue buttercream along with whipped white chocolate ganache and also whipped chocolate ganache.

Met the nicest lady at the cake supply store, she's the owner and has the best prices on stuff that I needed! Cakes by Jan in Bangor, wish that I had her in my town!

Bakechef, you're like the Eveready Baking Bunny! Hope you get some time to relax.

Only 2 more days, I'm getting nervous....

If the weather in Maine is anything like that forecasted for the weather in Ottawa on Saturday, it looks as if you will have sunshine (but then, you would have sunshine anyway with all you family, friends, and virtual friends celebrating this event with you). Wish I could be there to go through the reception line and give you each a HUGE HUG (and, even though I don't eat sweets, those cakes you've been baking sound AMAZING!!!). You probably could swing a deal with the cake lady to mail order supplies...or, invite her down to have a throw down! It isn't that long of drive from Maine to NC. Wishing the two of you all the best, the perfect day, some silly story to tell in the future to come. PICTURES!!! Don't forget, we are attending this via virtual connection and modern technology!!!

Back
Top Bottom