Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with Frank's grilling method on this one. I grilled an extra chix breast yesterday. Tonight it's shredded chicken salad w mayo & famous dave's bbq sauce on a bun. There was enough chicken for two buns.

Well.. I grilled them last night since the grill was hot. And I like grilled hot dogs but they usually aren't worth firing the grill for by themselves. I always do hot dogs with something else.

So we didn't have hot dogs last night, I just cooked them last night, so not really leftovers. And hot dogs are already cooked, so, well...

Whatcha got for tailgating?

Interesting. I never precooked dogs. How do you re-warm them?

We cooked up a bunch of sausage on the grill. Actually we have done that every time we have cooked sausage on the grill. Then we put them in the fridge in the "snack drawer" and nuke 'em when we want to eat them.

Hot dogs come in the package precooked, so we re-reheated them last night.

I just toss in the nuker for a minute.

They taste just like they came off the grill.

I don't think I've ever seen them, Frank.
But I'm a one dog man when it comes to hot dogs. Go Smith's or go home.

I don't think I've ever seen them, Frank.
But I'm a one dog man when it comes to hot dogs. Go Smith's or go home.

These were Deitz and Watson I believe.

I think we have a disconnect here. All hot dogs (to my knowledge) come precooked.

It is part of the process to make them.

Is that what you meant by precooked? I thought they were "cooked" precooked, like those hamburgers that come frozen and have grill marks on them. Those I've seen walking around the town store. I thought perhaps your dogs were grilled then packaged.

Hot dogs come in the package precooked, as meaning you can eat them right out of the package if you want to and you are not eating raw meat. What most people mean by cooking a hotdog is just heating it up, either nuking, boiling, deep frying or grilling. We like ours on the grill, pretty much blackened all over. We have been known to stick a knife in them and hold them over the flame of the gas stove, like it's a campfire. LOL

What FrankZ was talking about sound to me like he wanted them grilled, so he grilled them the day before and then just used the microwave to warm them to eat the next day. I have done that when we had leftover hot dogs from a cookout....nuked them the next day for lunch. Still tasted like grilled hot dogs.

That brings us full circle to my first post on the matter, that I never heard of anyone heating up leftover dogs.
And now I have :)

That brings us full circle to my first post on the matter, that I never heard of anyone heating up leftover dogs.
And now I have :)

:)

I am not a fan of cold hot dogs. There are many things that are great cold, hot dogs are not one of them, at least in my view.

I suppose one could say one is reheating hot dogs on the grill, but that sounds, well, not as cool as grilling some hot dogs.

The Bears are playing at 1 today against the Saints.

I have ground deer ready for chili.

:)

I am not a fan of cold hot dogs. There are many things that are great cold, hot dogs are not one of them, at least in my view...

We don't often have leftover cooked hot dogs but I have no issue snacking on a cold one. Actually, I like cold leftover grilled brats better than freshly cooked ones.

I am not making chili today despite the fact that the Great and Powerful Patriots are playing the Bengals. I will be making a key lime pie later though.

Shrek is excited, Broncos are playing the Cowboys. He roots for any team that plays against the Cowboys.

We actually have two good games on today, the NE/Cincie game and then Dallas/Denver.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom