Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
60 minutes on the recumbant bicycle this morning while watching a movie. Pretty good movie with Bob Hoskins and the woman that plays M in the James Bond movies. It's about a nude stage show being produced in a London theatre during the WWII blitz, but I didn't see the very beginning so I have no idea what the title is.

Last edited:
ronjohn55 said:
Run to the airport to pick up the relatives that are coming into town and staying with us to eat our salmon...

:wacko:

John

You forgot one thing. ...to eat our salmon... :LOL:

Dina said:
My hubby and I pay for a gym that we really never use! Argh! Doesn't that always happen? We haven't exercised in almost 5 months. I need to get back at it soon since I'm feeling the stress from work already. Good thing is I haven't gained any weight - YET.

Haven't we all done that? We get a pass to the gym, work out for months, start to feel good, something else comes up. We miss one week. No problem. A week or two down the line we miss another and another. But we feel so... Good? Not!

Haven't we all done that? Well I kind of have... This is a true story and the names have been changed to protect the guilty... :LOL:

kyles said:
I went back to the gym yesterday on my dodgy ankle, it's been 9 days post injury. I think my weight and cardio routine did the world of good and it feels a lot better now. I have really missed the gym. I am doing tai chi tonight, never tried it before!

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but did you enjoy the tai chi?

Caine said:
60 minutes on the recumbant bicycle this morning while watching a movie. Pretty good movie with Bob Hoskins and the woman that plays M in the James Bond movies. It's about a nude stage show being produced in a London theatre during the WWII blitz, but I didn't see the very beginning so I have no idea what the title is.

It's called "Mrs. Henderson Presents", with Judy Dench, one of my favorite actresses in the title role. Great movie - just saw it myself recently.

mudbug said:
It's called "Mrs. Henderson Presents", with Judy Dench, one of my favorite actresses in the title role. Great movie - just saw it myself recently.
Thanks, I found this out last night when I got bored and went back to the gym for an additinal 60 minutes of cardio.

Today I did 1-1/2 hours of free weights for a full body workout, and then I did 45 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 15 minutes on the treadmill, while watching part of Walk the Line, which is a Johnny Cash biography. I was only going to do 30 minutes of cardio, but the movie was really interesting so I jumped on the treadmill for a while :LOL:

60 minutes of cardio today. I did 20 minutes on the lifecycle, but then my a$$ fell asleep so I had to switch to the elliptical trainer for the remaining 40 minutes. Aslo saw some more of Walk the Line. I am enjoying the movie, but I think Reese Witherspoon is putting too much country hick in the southern accent.

Since I posted on Monday, I managed to get to the gym on Tues night for chest/back/bicep day along with a warmup on the elliptical and then a bike ride on Wednesday morning (30 min 10km in a hilly neighbourhood, I gotta work on that) and an evening workout for legs/shoulders/triceps. Same bike ride yesterday, but slowed it down to 35 minutes to try to keep the heart rate a little more in the range I like it to be in and then did the chest/back/bicep day again today. Tomorrow morning will be leg day again.

Things are coming along swimmingly...

Monday may be a bit difficult for me. We've been gone for over a week to visit my son and his family and the only exercise I got was playing with the grandchildren. The trip to the zoo was quite a bit - walking uphill from the parking lot - quite steep. I'm beginning to feel sluggish.

Saw "Mrs Henderson Presents" this week. I love anything with Dame Judy in it, I think. This morning I didn't awake until the local church bells rang at 8 a.m. One thing I will NOT miss about my departed, beloved doggie is her habit in the past couple of years (since she became sick) of waking me up every few hours. So I gulped a glass of OJ and hit the gym for my first class of the week. 3/4 mile walk. Beautiful weather. Great people, great workout. Made me feel like a new person.

I did 1 1/2 hours in the water class today. It felt wonderful. Our pool water is almost warm enough - should be ok later this week.

Circuit training today - 12 machines, three sets, 7 minutes per set, 3 minute rest in between, followed by 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine.

I promised a friend that I would start riding my bike again... I've done NOTHING since October. Rode for 15 minutes.. not good.. better tomorrow. I hope.

I had a rest day today, my first in ages. I should be trying to get in one or two rest days a week. It seems so funny now -- when I started this 18 months ago I was struggling to get off my butt, now I'm struggling to sit on it!!! I fell victim to over training a few months ago, so I need to get a balance.

Off to the gym in the morning for an hour of tough cardio!

Today was an off-day, which means no weights. 60 minutes of cardio; 40 minutes on the recumbant bicycle and 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Unfortunately, the movie choices were horrible, two chick flicks (Pride & Predjudice and Notting Hill) and Harry Pothead, so I ended up watching the last half hour of one ER rerun and the beginning half hour of another.

I do weights two or three times a week, formal cardio five days a week, and then try and rest the other days, but end up doing yoga or swimming or something on those days.

So today is a cardio day. It's 6.10 am, I'll go and get the bus, then leave the gym at 8.15, get a tram and then another and go to work!

And you guys wonder why you never see me anymore??? LOL

Did all my toning exercises this morning. I'm going to go for my 2 mile walk in an hour or so.

I was a bad girl and didn't do any exercising this winter but I'm back on track now. I was shocked when I went to the doctor a little over a month ago to discover that I'd gained weight. I guess I knew it because my clothes weren't fitting me as well but until its in your face then you tend to ignore it. Well I decided then and there that I was losing the extra weight. I went back exactly a month later and was 5 pounds lighter....that was last week. My goal is to lose a total of 14 pounds so I've probably got 6 or 7 to go.

I've been watching what I eat and drinking lots and lots of water. I've cut out pop completely. I only drink alcohol occasionally and thats not very often. My breakfast and lunches consist of Special K cereal with berries & skim milk or Tuna Salad and Cottage Cheese w/ Fruit. Snacks are fruit. For supper I try to eat light and cut back on my portions. And like I said I drink tons of water now. My skin turgor was horrible before because of my lack of drinking it but now my skin springs back. Honestly, I feel soooooo much better.

I'm going to read through this message board and get ideas for healthy lunches and dinners for after I get all the weight off that I want to maintain it. I can only eat tuna for so long.....:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom