Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, yesterday was a half hour private swim lesson (for the triathlon training) and today I get to go running and play with my new Polar S625X heart rate monitor with speed and distance and all that other nerdy stuff! Yay! :w00t:

Heeeelp!!! Just got up and having read this thread, think I better go back to bed:ohmy: ( or maybe go use the treadmill in the next room :rolleyes: )Cannot hope to emulate any of you.:(

I walk at least 2 miles every day that I can. Today I start doing some weight training. Need to do something with the triceps before my class reunion this summer. Think I can improve them in 2 months time??

I worked from 10-4 this morning, did some lifting and alot of walking around. Serious working out....nah. But simply being up and mobile at that hour helps.

Up at 4:30 am, into a hot shower for a quick mucle warmup, then in the gym by 5:15 for 30 minutes of cardio; 6 minutes on the lifecycle, 5 minutes on the treadmill, 4 minutes on the elliptical trainer, then 4 minutes on the lifecycle, 5 minutes on the treadmill and 6 minutes on the elliptical trainer. It breaks up the monotony and gives me a chance to rehydrate without spilling Propel all down the front of my shirt. Repeat on Wednesday and Friday.

Tomorrow and Thursday will be full body workout circuit training: 10 machines, 12 exercises, 10 repetitions of each exercise, 3 trips around the circuit with a 3 minute rest period between circuits, in 30 minutes.

Last edited:
StirBlue said:
Caine: Where did you learn all that stuff? Do you go to a gym?

I belong to a gym, yes. In fact, I belong to two gyms; Club Hollywood Fitness Studio and 24 Hour Fitness. I am also certified in personal training, group aerobics, sports nutrition, and senior (and not just because I'm old, either!) fitness instruction.

mudbug said:
groooooaaaannnn, who was the stinker who resurrected this thread?

I'm going to the gym, I'm going to the gym, I'm going.......

Have you ever noticed that you never hear anyone say "I wish I hadn't gone to the gym today?"

absolutely right, Caine. No matter how tired I really am, or tell myself I am, I always feel better after going.

It's the getting up and going part that stymies us slackers.

I just walk a country mile down a country road every day. There is plenty of fresh air, birds, and wild life to keep me company. Then there is the smell of pine and cedar...and oooh the sweet smell of honeysuckle!!

StirBlue said:
I wish I hadn't gone to the gym today and signed a lifetime contract! :huh:

I've got a lifetime contract with 24 Hour Fitness and I love it! That's what convinced me to sign with them, even though their locations aren't really convenient for me.

I paid $700.00, up front, for a three year membership. Once that expires, I can renew my membership for 50 bucks a year, for the rest of my life!

Oh, and yes, I did hit the gym this morning for cardio at around 5:07 am.

I do a lot more stretching rather than physical exercises. I find that stretching my arms in the air and touching the floor behind me is better conditioning for the abs than situps or pushups. My son is just the opposite although he doesn't realize how many stretching exercises he is doing on the football field. When guys decide to exercise, they always want to run before they build up to walking! Maybe they should start with an easy crawl as that is where they keep everything stored (on the floor).

Does anyone practice Poi/fire dancing? We probably have all ran through the neighborhood with sparklers but exercising with a jousting pole with torches on each end??? Or flaming weights???

Back
Top Bottom