"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Question Healthy problems

Hello!

Long time I desired to be comportable especially on my health aspects because I'm thin and I want to stay fit between my body and within my age.
I'm confused If what kind of foods or vitamins to be taken.

Above all,I have a hiperacidity.Many times I can't eat in right time or sometimes I never eat for over long of two days and almost I eat once or twice a day.Maybe,it's the result now!
Loss of appetite to eat,weight loss"imagine,my weight is only 42 not balance with my age 21?"

This is what I suffer now.!!!What will I do to solve this health conflict?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neselba View Post
Hello!

Long time I desired to be comportable especially on my health aspects because I'm thin and I want to stay fit between my body and within my age.
I'm confused If what kind of foods or vitamins to be taken.

Above all,I have a hiperacidity.Many times I can't eat in right time or sometimes I never eat for over long of two days and almost I eat once or twice a day.Maybe,it's the result now!
Loss of appetite to eat,weight loss"imagine,my weight is only 42 not balance with my age 21?"

This is what I suffer now.!!!What will I do to solve this health conflict?
I suggest you not rely on a website for your answer. See your doctor as soon as possible!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I suggest you not rely on a website for your answer. See your doctor as soon as possible!
I'll second that!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
Senior Cook

You need to see a doctor. You could try eating small amounts 6 -8 times daily. Foods like cabbage, peas, corn and onions may upset a sensitive stomach. The liquid Ensure you can buy in the grocery store is great because it tastes pretty good - at the least chocolate does - and you get the proper balance of vitamins and minerals. The Ensure along with some cooked veggies and baked potatoes and maybe come cottage cheese, and custard clear broth and jello during the day should not hurt you,

You still need to see a doctor for a good physical and get the hyperacidity under control. Two days without food is not good at your age. IF you are not going to eat during two days then you need clear broth and jello. You need to eat something nutritional even if it is a wee small amount. A bland diet with no spicy or greasy food should start you on the way. Be very carefull of tomato, oranges and grapefruit.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Head Chef

There are inexpensive medications that effectively control stomach hyperacidity, such as ranitadine (the generic form of Zantac). Ask your doctor about prescribing something like that for you.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Master Chef

i'd buy ensure & pedialyte. & see a physician!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Master Chef

At the risk of sounding boring, time for a doctor. But one obvious answer is to eat small meals regularly. Your body certainly isn't meant to go days without food. My friends who've had underweight, low appetite problems were helped by the ensure-type drinks and nutrition bars. But they are elderly with many medical problems. Your body was meant to be fueled by real food in the long run, not pills. Vitamins are to supplement food, not replace it.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
Assistant Cook

There seems some other problem with you. The only way to gain weight whether it’s fat or muscle, is to consume more energy than you expend. The basis of any weight gain diet should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Vitamins and minerals, fiber, water, alcohol and cholesterol… all very important to your health.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
Head Chef

Yes, see a doctor!!

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Master Chef

so you weigh 92.4 pounds, is 42 in kilograms? that's simply not enough, especially if you're tall. seen a doctor or dietician yet?

Tags
health