"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-03-2006, 07:49 AM   #21
Executive Chef

A bowl of cereal.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Its 9:53 am, so not much yet. I've had coffee with lots of vanilla soymilk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #23
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
I had a bowl of Vanilla Almond Special K
Starwberry Banana Yogurt
A chicken salad sandwich
a 20 ounce bottle of diet pepsi

And that's it today.
There's no way you're even hitting 1,000. Are you on a diet?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
and 9 calories per gram of fat

but the fats in peanuts are good for you (omega-6, I believe), so it's great in moderation!
Actually I'm pretty sure its monosaturated, but thats still good for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
today, i had:

3am: a tuna salad sammich on a hard roll with raw onions, baked lays potato chips, dill pickles, and a diet coke.

<<<sleep>>>

3pm: a bowl of manhattan clam chowder and a baguette from a local fireman's benefit picnic.

4pm: a cactus pear, some mini pretzels, and raw jalapenos and cherry tomatoes while i was feeding the birds. i think the birds like it when i share food with them. they definitely eat more, until their crops are bulging.

6pm: a broiled rosemary/evoo/balsamic marinated boneless chicken thigh and a chimmichurri marinated chicken eg. i'm getting sick of eating broiled chicken, no matter what the marinade. need to buy some pork or fish.

10pm: on my way out the door. gonna walk down 9th avenue, past dozens of restaurants to see what smells good. i'm thinking thai, maybe vietnamese. possibly indian.
Just wondering, is there a reason your sleep-cycle is unusual?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #26
Senior Cook

Woops, failed to track my intake for the past two days. Big family affairs both days so food was...disastrous.

To be accountable - negatives included pineapple cake, some salad with fruit and marshmellows, trifle, chips chips and more chips, and a bunch of jelly beans. That was the really bad stuff. The rest was only moderately terrible.

And Dina, I actually don't live particularly close to the ocean, although my new office is a few steps from part of the seawall, so I could maybe do it there, but I'll probably be running instead. I actually track on an Excel spreadsheet - so at my desk here in the basement
Old 07-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #27
Senior Cook

No way I am counting calories. I just eat what I want and hope for the best....

later
Old 07-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Who said I'm counting calories....today I had an apple pancake, whole wheat toast and jelly, coffee with cream and sugar for breakfast, chicken and rice for lunch, rice pudding, 3 banana bars, 1 chocolate chip cookie with a tall glass of milk for snack and dinner is still not here...grilled chicken on a bed of green salad perhaps.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #29
Senior Cook

I am counting calories because I have goals that I will achieve. If I am not careful about what I eat, I will find achieving my goals much more difficult, if not impossible.

I will achieve my goals.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #30
Sous Chef

Now its almost midnight and I have also eaten: Free samples at costco, strawberries and a sliced banana dipped in chocolate sauce, A small &quot;chocolate shake&quot; of vanilla soymilk and cocoa powder and ice, qn espresso light frappicino (Starbucks), About 2 oz of Albacore tuna packed in water, the starbucks &quot;cheese, fruit, and raisen bread plate&quot; (a little plastic container with cheese and fruit and a tiny bit of bread in it), a handcrafted mini ice cream made of chocolate from Moonstruck chocolates, about 20 peanuts, a couple bites of frozen yogurt, a double stuffed oreo, and I am probably going to go have another chocolate ice cream cone before bed Edit: I eneded up having the chocolate ice cream cone and a peice of toast with peanut butter as well.