What Oil Is The Healthiest for Deep Frying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where is your canola oil from? I've used it for years and never noticed that smell - ever. Is it possible that its a particular brand or from a particular region?
I don't think it matters where it is from. I love fish, my wife on the other hand hates it, so you would think she'd pick up on that smell long before I do, but she doesn't. And neither are some other folks I have cooked together in the past. I do not know how or why it is, but it just is that way. It stinks to me.

Canola oil dosen't smell like anything to me or my family.

I know that my parents have GI problems with canola, I don't. I use peanut oil for deep frying and canola for pan frying.

I have many oils in my house.

• EVOO
  • Canola
  • Peanut
  • Grapeseed
  • Flaxseed
  • Sesame
  • Walnut

I kept using canola for the fry daddy and was just unhappy about my fries. Decided a change of oil was a good thing to try and yeah, they got better.

Vegetable oils

howdy!
new here,or u can choose a btr one for yr health and yr taste.
sum,the Vegetable oils would be a btr choice for our food making:chef:

There are only two oils in my house:

Canola oil for shallow frying ... which I don't do too much of and never deep fry.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for everything else.

There are only two oils in my house:

Canola oil for shallow frying ... which I don't do too much of and never deep fry.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for everything else.

Your avatar...The Lady of Shallott...nice.

I've decided to add a new oil for light frying and where I don't want a flavor to my dressings...grapeseed oil. Nice and light.

Your avatar...The Lady of Shallott...nice.

I've decided to add a new oil for light frying and where I don't want a flavor to my dressings...grapeseed oil. Nice and light.
I use grapeseed oil and flaxseed oil.

Grapeseed oil is Highest in essential fatty acid, Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) and Low in Saturated Fats high smoke point good for frying.

Flaxseed Oil - Oil Pressed From Flax Is Incredibly Rich In Both Omega 3 And Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids If It Is Freshly Pressed And Unrefined. These Two Essential Fatty Acids Are Important For Immune System Development, Digestive Support, Healthy Brain Function, Soft And Smooth Skin, Circulatory Health, And Anti-Aging Benefits. Good for salad dressings, smoothies and uncooked.

I use grapeseed oil and flaxseed oil.

Grapeseed oil is Highest in essential fatty acid, Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) and Low in Saturated Fats high smoke point good for frying.

Flaxseed Oil - Oil Pressed From Flax Is Incredibly Rich In Both Omega 3 And Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids If It Is Freshly Pressed And Unrefined. These Two Essential Fatty Acids Are Important For Immune System Development, Digestive Support, Healthy Brain Function, Soft And Smooth Skin, Circulatory Health, And Anti-Aging Benefits. Good for salad dressings, smoothies and uncooked.

Now I have to research the similarities and differences between fish essential oils and plant essential oils. I can't take fish oil with my new medication...I wonder about flax and borage oil, and now grapeseed. ARRGH!!!:wacko:

Now I have to research the similarities and differences between fish essential oils and plant essential oils. I can't take fish oil with my new medication...I wonder about flax and borage oil, and now grapeseed. ARRGH!!!:wacko:

Heres a start

Flaxseed Oil: Benefits for Women

Inserted from <http://www.buzzle.com/articles/flaxseed-oil-benefits-for-women.html>

Benefits of Grape Seed Oil

Inserted from <http://www.buzzle.com/articles/benefits-of-grape-seed-oil.html>

I love the flax and borage oils, but the one I was taking was discontinued. I started taking the fish oil, then. But now with the Plavix, the fish oil has an increased bleeding risk. I need to know if the same is true with the flax or grapeseed.

I'm also upset I can't have my Ruby Red Grapefruit juice anymore, either.

At the rate I'm finding out what I can and can't have, I'll be down to cardboard and water. LOL!

I love the flax and borage oils, but the one I was taking was discontinued. I started taking the fish oil, then. But now with the Plavix, the fish oil has an increased bleeding risk. I need to know if the same is true with the flax or grapeseed.

I'm also upset I can't have my Ruby Red Grapefruit juice anymore, either.

At the rate I'm finding out what I can and can't have, I'll be down to cardboard and water. LOL!
I'm taking some med that says not to have to much grapefruit also. Not sure which one at the moment. But I drink a lot of Fresca and it doesn't seem to effect me to much. My numbers seem to be ok.

Blood Circulation
Borage oil benefits in regulating the blood circulation and also preventing blood clotting. Use of borage oil benefits a lot more in comparison with the regular dietary saturated fatty acids to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and hypertension. The GLA from the borage oil reduces the body serums and as a result helps the body to stay away from the high cholesterol levels and heart diseases. Borage oil benefits in preventing the atherosclerotic plaque that can be a major cause behind the cardiovascular diseases.

What I read:
Interactions can occur between grapefruit and Lipitor, resulting in an increased level of medication in the blood. If you are taking Lipitor, you should not eat or drink any grapefruit products, including supplements. The combination of the two can increase your chances of developing serious muscle problems, which can potentially lead to kidney failure or other life-threatening complications.

Makes me just a bit cautious, I have enough problems...

Grapeseed Oil Nutrition Facts
Grapeseed oil is beneficial for many medicinal problems. Let's take a look at the list which illustrates the grapeseed oil nutrition.
  • Grapeseed oil reduces LDL (bad Cholesterol) and increases HDL (good cholesterol), which in turn helps in keeping your arteries clear.
  • Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 are the fatty acids found in grapeseed oil. These fatty acids benefit us by forestalling any heart diseases and influence the biological properties in our body. Read more about Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
  • Grape seed oil contains high levels of Vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant. It aids in preventing any cell membrane related injuries.
  • Grapeseed oil helps the immune system and increases the blood circulation as well.
  • After any surgery or an injury, grapeseed oil reduces the swelling faster than any other medicines.
  • Flavonoids found in grape seed oil work to inflect cell-signaling pathways. Oregon State University states, "The Flavonoids have an antioxidant behavior that responds to iron and copper that bond to proteins". Read more about flavonoids health benefits.

What I read:
Interactions can occur between grapefruit and Lipitor, resulting in an increased level of medication in the blood. If you are taking Lipitor, you should not eat or drink any grapefruit products, including supplements. The combination of the two can increase your chances of developing serious muscle problems, which can potentially lead to kidney failure or other life-threatening complications.

Makes me just a bit cautious, I have enough problems...
Mine is Simvastatin

Back
Top Bottom