Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a small group at work that is trying to drop mass and get healthier. Everyone has their own eating plan to follow, but it is nice to have the camaraderie. On Friday, we were all given "pebbles" by myInertia.com. I went out for a walk today simply because I could see my rating against others in my group. Who wants to be on the bottom of the exercise list???

It's obnoxiously effective for me since I do not want to be at the bottom of the exercise barrel. In retrospect, I cannot believe I VOLUNTEERED to wear this little thing! :ermm:

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled at its effectiveness or disturbed over the big brother-ishness. :wacko:

I did lose 2 pounds this week.......hmmm.

Heh, peer pressure isn't just for teenagers, eh? ;)

There is a small group at work that is trying to drop mass and get healthier. Everyone has their own eating plan to follow, but it is nice to have the camaraderie. On Friday, we were all given "pebbles" by myInertia.com. I went out for a walk today simply because I could see my rating against others in my group. Who wants to be on the bottom of the exercise list???

It's obnoxiously effective for me since I do not want to be at the bottom of the exercise barrel. In retrospect, I cannot believe I VOLUNTEERED to wear this little thing! :ermm:

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled at its effectiveness or disturbed over the big brother-ishness. :wacko:

I did lose 2 pounds this week.......hmmm.
Congratulations on your weight loss! What a great feeling that is. Nothing like some peer pressure to give a person motivation.:angel::)

I'm sticking at 28 pounds lost, I was just happy the scales at the doctor's office said the same since she had last seen me. Have to work on boosting my exercise now.

I'm sticking at 28 pounds lost, I was just happy the scales at the doctor's office said the same since she had last seen me. Have to work on boosting my exercise now.
What a fantastic feeling that is!! Congratulations!!! Time to go out & buy a new outfit!!:)

Peer pressure....yes, it works at all ages. :LOL:

I made a chicken tinola to take to lunch this week. I'm so glad that I kept my pepper leaves for it. I used chayote squash instead of green papaya, but stayed pretty true to the rest of the recipe. It's working out to around 130 calories per serving. I did not make the chicken liver part...though I like chicken livers!

I find that I need to actually plan meals to stay on plan. :huh:

Last edited:
Not yet, I'm just now back into the clothes I was wearing two years ago. Have some more things to do before I get to go shopping.

Congratulations!

That is a wonderful feeling!

I have vowed to never buy a larger size again, I think that was my biggest mistake over the years, not holding the line!

Back in the pool today for deep water aerobics class. Swam for an additional 20 minutes after that. Still staying on track. The pool twice so far this week, back to the gym tomorrow. 72 pounds down since August 20th, 2012

Back in the pool today for deep water aerobics class. Swam for an additional 20 minutes after that. Still staying on track. The pool twice so far this week, back to the gym tomorrow. 72 pounds down since August 20th, 2012

OMG. 72 pounds! Simonbaker, that is a whole 3rd grader!!! A big black labrador!!! 2.5 beagles!!!

I am thrilled to pieces for you!!! Can you tell I'm excited??

Last edited:

Thats awesome! Keep going!

Thank you for the positive support! Much appreciated. Hopes to get through Thanksgiving successfully!

Time to get a smaller apron for work! I am impressed. :angel:

We could sic Addie on you, Kathleen...:LOL:

I have become SB's private cheering section. When her journey first started, I was so scared with what the doctor told her. Just about "lose the weight or die very shortly." Not words anyone wants to hear. All I could think of was her daughter losing her mother. So I made it my personal charge to help her. I know it is really hard for anyone to lose even a few pounds. For her I realized it was going to be even harder. She was doing so good. And then the emergency surgery came about. It really was a setback for her. The doctor told her after the surgery that the diet would have to wait. There were certain foods he did not want her to eat. Of course they were the foods she relied on mostly for the weight loss. So for six to eight weeks she was eating foods she hadn't had in a long time. And I am sure they tasted good. So once she got the go ahead, getting her back on track was the next goal. She had only gained a few pounds back, so that was an encouraging part.

I try to never scold her, only encourage her to get back on track when she does fall off even for only a day. Yelling never works for anything. The holidays are coming up and I am going to be vigilant about watching what she posts. I don't expect perfect behavior from her. But I do expect for her to always be trying. She has done so well. I am so proud of her. Her husband and daughter have a new stranger in the house. I don't know what her ultimate goal is, but when she does reach her ideal weight, then it will be to keep her on maintenance. We will enter the new phase together. I don't ever want her to feel that no one cares. Because I do. Very much so!

Now if I could only do the same for myself! :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom