Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am in! I need to lose 7 to 8 lbs.. I already eat fairly healthy, but I have a sweet tooth (maybe a couple actually). My grocery store makes these annisette cookies that are to die for! Snacking at night is a problem for me, but I think it is mind over matter. I will drink water instead of snack while I am watching tv. I exercise a lot, but I still have a layer of fat to get rid of......... :)

lost twenty pounds when i was sick, last time. gained 10 back. would like to half of that off. it never ends does it?

Nope, it never does. I got within 5 lbs of my goal weight and ended up gaining 20 again because of medications. I've decided to quit worrying so much about the extra weight and stick with my exercise and eating healthy foods.

I would like to lose about 10 lbs. Gotta get some exercise. A few years ago I lost 50 lbs with the Atkins diet. I have slowly gained back 20 lbs, but at 114 lbs I was actually a bit scrawny. :ohmy:

I weigh 16 lbs. less than I did two years ago. I started off hiking four times per week but couldn't keep the weight off so I started lifting weights at the gym 4x per week which helped keep several pounds off. Then I cut out eating real food for breakfast on most days in favor of flavored oatmeal and also do 15 - 20 min. of elliptical at the gym. The weight has stayed off even when I miss a few days of the gym. My goal was not to lose weight though but to lower my BP and cholesterol. I haven't checked it in a few months but I would think that losing 8 lbs. would mean it got lower.

Hi, I'm new here and I made some big lifestyle changes starting last January. I am eating healthier (loosely counting calories, less fat, more water, lots of fiber) and (most importantly) exercising. I have lost 40 pounds since Jan. and have 11 more to go until I reach my goal weight. I have found a good balance between eating the things I love and the healthier items that I also love but didn't get enough of in the past. I have learned to cook in a healthier way and have adapted some things. Others I just continue to cook the old way; I just try to limit how much of them I allow myself to eat.

I did have a problem within the last couple of weeks with cookies and candies I made for Christmas. But they are almost gone and I have gotten back on track with my exercise, etc.

One thing I have learned is to savor my food. I've always loved food, but now when I have something special...I truly appreciate it!

I'm not really trying to lose weight (though believe me I could lose a ton!) but I am trying not to gain any since I somehow managed to get through the holidays without gaining any. Now the tough part is to get through the boring winter months when I normally cook up a storm, much of it baked goods. Dh is finally trying to watch his carbs for the sake of his diabetes so I have been limiting the processed carbs and the starchy veggies and been going with more of the slow acting carbs for our meals. I have to say though I miss the bad carbs it is refreshing to be eating more of the healthier stuff.

I'm in!!!! Began two years ago, lost 35 lbs, now gained 8 of those. Need to still lose about 20 pounds, then decide from there (30 would be great, but I'm not young anymore and need to be realistic). Lost 20 just watching what I ate, lost 15 on the Scarsdale Diet, but find that having to eat particular foods on a particular day doesn't fit in my lifestyle. Too busy and out quite a bit. So..it is back to watching what I eat plus trying to keep under 1500 calories a day. I love my sweets and breads and when I am stressed, that is where I head. No will power when out at a pot luck or such. I find that when I sit down to relax, my inner self says, it is time to snack and my head says "whoa," it is a battle for sure. Have to remember that I leave for the sunny south (I live in northern Canada) in a month and a half, and it would be great to have lost that nine pounds that I have gained so I can wear my summer clothes again. I need all the encouragement I can get.

I gained about 10 lb since winter started and am drying to cut down on sweets now that Christmas is over. I have a sweet tooth something awful lol. I'm only 5' tall so 10 lb is quite a bit on me. In the summer I'm very active, but in the winter about all I do is rock climb. I'm from northern Minnesota and unless you like to be out in the cold, or go to the gym your options are limited. I used to be on the diving team in high school, and I'd like to get back into that, but I usually have to work the night they have open swimming :/

I've been doing my post-festive season detox for the past 10 days or so, I've already lost around 15 lb which is great, I'm just a bit over halfway to my first short term goal! I've been looking more into strength training related exercise rather than a lot of cardio (cardio hinders more than helps me) so once I get back into the swing of the exercise routine again, it's lots of bodyweight training, yoga and pilates and a little bit of cardio :-p

i need to lose ten pounds. gonna try and just cut what i eat in half. that way no special foods needed and tasty grub in the bargain., back on my exercise bike should help. wish me luck.

Good Luck, Babe. I'm up to walking 10 miles a day. Shrek rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes today. I'm going to start using the bike again, too!

Good Luck, Babe. I'm up to walking 10 miles a day. Shrek rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes today. I'm going to start using the bike again, too!
Beg pardon Your Ogreness, but have your doctors okay'd you for so much exercise? Will you be walking alone? Please forgive me if I seem a little too nosy. I'm just concerned for you. I'm very thankful that we still have you here.

Beg pardon Your Ogreness, but have your doctors okay'd you for so much exercise? Will you be walking alone? Please forgive me if I seem a little too nosy. I'm just concerned for you. I'm very thankful that we still have you here.

They know about the walking...I'll be talking to the cardiologist on Thursday about the bike and strength training. I am being that good at least!:) I've been very good about following my restrictions...to the letter.

Oh, and I do my walking in the mall with the other old folks!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are following directions. Now go eat a Billy goat. I hear they are great for building muscle and as we all know the heart is a muscle<3

I most humbly beg your pardon my liege. May Your Ogreness reign forever! Who sprinkles rose petals in front of you when you walk?

Back
Top Bottom