Does Gin Have Carbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My wife is doing no/low carbs. We are going to a wedding this weekend and she would like to be able to partake a bit. I know next to nothing about what has carbs and what does not so I couldn't answer her question, but I was wondering...

Does gine have carbs?

Happily, gin does not have carbs. The tonic water does. 4 fl. oz. has just under 11 grams.

Thanks Andy!

Well that will probably rule out her drinking it them. I would say she could be the designated driver, but the wedding is at the hotel where we are staying so no need for a car.

GB said:
Thanks Andy!

Well that will probably rule out her drinking it them. I would say she could be the designated driver, but the wedding is at the hotel where we are staying so no need for a car.

Actually, it just rules out the tonic water. She could drink the gin on the rocks!:angel: :angel:

Also, the bar could have diet tonic water.

The USDA nutrition database lists all boozes (whiskey, gin, rum, vodka) as being carb-less.

Oh wow I never would have guessed rum was carb free. That is great news. She can do run and diet coke. Thanks Andy!

Andy thank you a million times!!! This is going to come in so handy. I am going to load this onto my palm pilot as soon as I get home.

jennyema said:
:LOL: nutrition

What's so funny?! Gin, vodka, rum and whiskey contain no carbs, no fats, no transfats, no sat. fats, no cholesterol, provide needed energy in the form of calories and are completely caffeine free!

You can't say that about a lot of other foods!

Andy M. said:
The USDA nutrition database lists all boozes (whiskey, gin, rum, vodka) as being carb-less.

No carbs, protein or fat. But it does have about 80 calories per oz. They're listed as alcohol calories. I wonder what that is.

Back
Top Bottom