Grey Goose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
We have an artist friend who works mostly with glass. One of the cooler (and extremely simple) things that she has done is taken a pretty bottle, like the grey goose bottle, and put it in the kiln laying down on its side. The bottle collapses on itself and turns into a long dish sort of. It is kind of hard to explain so I will try to remember to take a picture of one next time I am at my parents house. the images on the bottle do not change, just the shape of the bottle. My parents use their as a nut dish when they have people over.

My son gave me one of those as a gift....it's still sort of shaped like a wine bottle, and I use it for cheese. When the glass was still pliable, a small hook was inserted to hold the cheese knife.

It's amazing how talented some people can be with what many consider 'trash', yes?

I was unaware that anyone else made these. This is an idea she came up with on her own after not wanting to throw away such pretty bottles. Do you have a picture of yours you could post Vera? I would love to see it.

It is such a simple concept that I am surprised more people do not have these.

I've seen those heated bottles too out here. They usually sell them as spoon rests. They are so pretty!

Here's another idea for pretty bottles you can't part with:
have someone (preferably someone who has not just enjoyed the vodka) use a glass-cutting tool and cut the bottle down, so the mouth is much larger. Using a dremmel-type tool with a fine grinder attachment, soften the eges.

pic_greygoose.jpg
Here's a cheese plate

and

pic_beer2.jpg
here's a spoon rest for Ronjohn

Yeah that is basically what hers look like, but hers form more of a bowl shape. Basically the same thing though. Very cool :)

GB said:
I really like that idea jkath!

thanks! Sometimes I wish I had time for stuff like that again! I used to be a major crafter, but since I bought the new house, all my free time is devoted to design!

Back
Top Bottom