Apple Cider help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone!

A couple years ago, I went to a Christmas party, where someone had made fresh Apple Cider. It was in a huge pot, ontop of the stove, and we just dipped it out into our cups. I would LOVE to make this, but can't find a recipe for it. Does anyone have a good recipe for apple cider?

Thanks!

-Crissy

Oh.. Well, I just found this recipe. But it sounds like it leaves a pulp in the cider??:ermm: That sounds kinda gross.. and what is a "cheese cloth"?

Cheesecloth is a loosewoven cotton cloth used in cheese making, such as to press cheese curds for poutine. Cheesecloth is also used in straining stocks and custards, bundling herbs, making tofu, and thickening yogurt.
Cheesecloth was very popular as a material for thongs and shirts during the 1960s and 1970s.
Cheesecloth is available in at least seven different grades,from open to extra-fine weave. Grades are distinguished by the number of threads per inch in each direction.

It's a very thin material.. used in cooking. You can find it at your local grocery store.

I am also a cider-lover, and am planning on doing some of my own. Now last week I acquired the juicer, and am looking for the recipes too. I will let you know how I progress :)

Back
Top Bottom