Hot Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
What's your favorite hot chocolate? I like Ghiradelli Square powder . I don't like instant mixes.

I will heat milk to just under boil, add Hershey's cocoa and powdered sugar, all to taste, no measurments, sorry.

I use the recipe on an old container of herseys cocoa, but I use cocoa from Penzeys and whole milk, with a splash of real vanilla and a hint of cinnamon...

I will heat milk to just under boil, add Hershey's cocoa and powdered sugar, all to taste, no measurments, sorry.

Ditto except I'm using Ghirardelli right now - and I see where you use powdered sugar - I've never tried that! mmmmm......

Maverick - a friend of mine wanted OH SO BADLY to learn to LOVE to drink coffee - yep - I taught him to mix it like you do. He LOVED it!

Ditto except I'm using Ghirardelli right now - and I see where you use powdered sugar - I've never tried that! mmmmm......

Maverick - a friend of mine wanted OH SO BADLY to learn to LOVE to drink coffee - yep - I taught him to mix it like you do. He LOVED it!

LOL, it is how I learned to love it as well. But now I am itching to try it with warm milk and powdered sugar.:)

I have never had it that way before. It has always been mixed with coffee or with hot water... time to kick the imagination up a notch here!:-p

Right now I have a few Nestle's instant cocoa envelopes I perloined from work, and I have a box of Ghiridelli instant cocoa envelopes I bought at Smart & Final, both for when I am in a hurry. If I have all the time in the world, or I want to impress a special guest, I also have a can of Hershey's cocoa with a pretty good recipe, or I have a box of Ibarra Mexican chocolate and a molinillo to froth it with.

I need to pimp Katie's again. I have a hot chocolate freak of a child and she got mad that I gave my friend a jar as a gift because she wanted it all. Well I got three emails from my friend thanking her for the hot chocolate. She loved it too much and her husband wants her to make some. Good thing I included the recipe with her gift.

Seriously, everyone needs to try Katie's hot chocolate.

Toasted Almond Mocha Hot Chocolate

I wanted something different in my HC , so I used Monin Toasted Almond Mocha syrup , a teaspoon of it and it was so good.

Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate and Lake Champlain Hot Chocolate and Ghirardelli are in my cupboard, now. I think I have a little Swiss Miss, too. Lake Champlain is very good. The sipping chocolate is not really hot chocolate--it is really an intense chocolate drink.

Back
Top Bottom