"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Everymom

More tea chat

I got to attend a food show last week with the cook and dietician from work. THAT was fun! I got to bring home a huge goodie bag full of samples and I'm slowly working my way through them. The best part for me were the tea displays. I got roughly 2 dozen tea samples to try out and I'm really enjoying some of them. Others are just so so.

My current new like is the Tazo brand of teas. I'm drinking Berry Blossom white right now and its really lovely. White tea with a hint of blueberry and cranberry. Just a hint though. I'm not a huge blueberry fan, I find it can be quite overpowering so this is perfect for me. I will be buying some Tazo teas in the future as I really like the ones I have tried.

Anyone try anything new they'd like to share?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I noticed some specialty teas where I pick up lunch sometimes. I'll pick up a few and try them out - they are individual servings and they each include one blossom. They really are beautiful!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
Master Chef

Oh, those sound lovely!
I love hot tea, but seldom drink it unless I'm sick or when it's extremely cold outside.
I drink a LOT of iced tea though...no sugar, heavy on the ice...and it's takes a lot of taste to stand up to that. For about half a gallon, I use a family size Luzianne tea bag and a regular size bag of Constant Comment. It's has sweet spices and orange peel, and is worth buying just for the aroma!
I wonder if any of you have recommendations for other teas that will stand up to the ice.
By the way, Constant Comment also makes a great hot toddy, with lemon juice, honey, and a stiff shot of good Bourbon. It's sure good for what ails you.

"Constant Comment"® - Tea - Bigelow Tea

I also like camomile tea. When I was going through menopause, I drank a LOT of it!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
The Republic of Tea makes one called Blackberry-Sage that is delicious hot or cold. It is just a touch fruity and is good sweetened or not. It smells soooo good!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
Have you tried Tazo's Wild Sweet Orange? I had a box of that in my dorm last year at school and loved it. You just have to be careful not to brew it too long or it runs the risk of becoming too strong. Delicious though!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Head Chef

I used to drink Tazo Awake tea every single morning until I discovered Tea Gerschwender http://www.teagschwendner.com/US/en/Homepage.TG. They have the most wonderful teas and I use their miraculous tea brewer every morning. Right now I drink their Assan No 5 maltry brew in the morning and I've been brewing their apricot tea for iced tea. I love all the different flavors and combinations they haved - so many teas, so little time.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
Everymom

Cherry, yes on the Wild Sweet Orange. Loved it. I have been searching for a good orange tea since Lipton stopped making Zesty Orange. So far this one is the closest.

I'm a teaholic. I love them all.

Toots, I really liked the Awake tea, but I have to admit that I prefer Irish Breakfast for a strong black tea.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
Cook

I'm an English Breakfast girl myself!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
Everymom

Hey Anthea, do you prefer one brand over another?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

my wife bought me this beautiful japanese cast iron tea pot set not too long ago, Coins Teapot - Teavana
and some nice sencha to go with it. it was intended to go on my desk at work, so i'm going to clear off a spot and bring it in this weekend.

even though it says that sencha is low in caffeine, i like my tea strong, so i made a pot at home. wow! i was buzzing around all afternoon, until it started to make my stomach feel a little sick.

she also gave me the tung ting jade oolong, which i can't wait to try. but i think i might go a little easier on the strength this time.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote