Share Cucumber-based drinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I first heard of cucmber drinks last Sunday and so had to create one of my own. It's very simple and tastes great. It's very refreshing. So c'mon and share yours with us. Here's mine.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
1 lime
2 cups water
sweetener (sugar, sucralose (Splenda), etc.) to taste

Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend on medium setting. Add sweetener to taste.

The flavor is a little different than straight lime-aid, but similar. The cucumber takes on the texture of pulp, like in orange juice with lots of pulp. Serve ice cold.

I can also see this working with lemon juice, or combined with watermellon, maybe cranberry juice. The cucumber is slightly acidic and enhances the flavor of those ingredients I've listed. If you have other T&T recipes for making cucumber dirinks, please share.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I simply like a slice of cucumber in a glass of chilled water. It tastes much better than lemon in water to me!

Here's a thread on a prize-winning cucumber drink that I tried last year, GW. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f9/the-cuke-first-prize-drink-23792.html

Sounds like yours, only with mint. And, oh yeah, vodka. :angel:

Further down in the thread, someone posted a link to cucumber Pepsi (just trying to fit in with the non-alcoholic drink forum here, lol!)

Anyway, the "Cuke" was good, but not memorable enough for me to make a second time.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom