Are YOU An Excellent Home Cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, my family likes my cooking but I doubt I'm up there with the Bon Appetit class for that kind of contest.
I only share my original recipes here and with other friends and family.

Go for it, K-Girl! What have you got to lose, except for exclusive knowledge of one of your original creations. Like Louie the Budweiser lizard told his friend Frankie years ago, "we coulda been huge". :LOL:

As for me and my recipes, I'm excellent only in the eyes of my family. Otherwise, I'm a good average.

Tempting. I have some TNT recipes I have been tweaking that I haven't offered to the company...maybe DC should set up threads for the same categories and have a DC "Bon Appetit" wannabe recipe week....

By the way, just ducking in. The house is coming on a treat! walked around my 'kitchen' the other day. I have a wonderful imagination!!

Attachments

• 35b.JPG
    35b.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 194
  • 35d.JPG
    35d.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 192
Go for it, K-Girl! What have you got to lose, except for exclusive knowledge of one of your original creations. Like Louie the Budweiser lizard told his friend Frankie years ago, "we coulda been huge". :LOL:

As for me and my recipes, I'm excellent only in the eyes of my family. Otherwise, I'm a good average.

Ditto here. You have posted some fantastic recipes. Anything new that hasn't been done with Spam? Sorry, I just couldn't resist. My apologies. :angel:

Addie, I'm guessing the "Spam" comment, along with the fantastic recipe remark, are directed at K-Girl, in spite of quoting me? After all, I've never even eaten Spam, no less cooked with it. ;)

Only in my own mind LOL.

Go for it Kgrl. Good luck.

Last edited:
I agree, go for it, K-girl!

Not for me, I'm just a basic home cook.

Menumaker, your house is progressing nicely!

Last edited:
Addie, I'm guessing the "Spam" comment, along with the fantastic recipe remark, are directed at K-Girl, in spite of quoting me? After all, I've never even eaten Spam, no less cooked with it. ;)

My bad. Sorry. Spam, the most famous food known to the Hawaiian Islands. :angel:

Just a home cook here too, but not too bad of one. Point me in the direction of a grill, then I really feel at home! :LOL:

I'll be watching for your name among the winners, kgirl! :flowers::wub:

Another go for it!

I'm a frumpy country cook and my best judges have been family, friends, and especially children.

I can tell when I've hit one out of the park, it gets quiet and all you hear is the clinking of the silverware. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck, have fun!

Are YOU An Excellent Home Cook?

Me?
2funny.gif

I have gotten free travel to the Netherlands to cook birthday dinner and I get a free place to stay if I cook dinner ( ingredients not paid by me) when I travel around Sweden.

I wont do fancy 1 organic grown lettuce leaf dipped in wind dried water and garnish with beetroots pickled by Vestal virgins and served with a paper fin slice of panda jerky, that isnt me.

But I do good well balanced food, great for brightening up any way and I do it cheap too but not compromising with taste or the ingredients. Quality over quantity.

Back
Top Bottom